Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skinner Boat Paperwork

NFCD I, me to just did the survey.

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    I fished Skinner on Tuesday. I call it fishing, most would call it a boat ride. I picked up 3 stripers and 1 LMB.

I arrived at 5:00AM and was 1st in line. As always, I had my paperwork for the boat filled out and all necessary per-paid entry cards available.

I guess there's a new sheriff in town. I was informed that they no longer accept boat paperwork that is filled out by the customer. The person at the gate has to fill it out.

How much sense does this make? This will add 2 or 3 minutes to every boat entering the lake. If I'm 10th in line, I'll have to wait 30 minutes before I can even get in.

I've seen a lot of BS when dealing with the county, but this one really pisses me off. What can it possibly hurt to have this paperwork pre-filled out when you pay your fees?
    I agree with you 100% What a crock of S**T!

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    It just started yesterday. We were also told that they are supposed to check your boat for water or moisture.
    The next thing we know, they'll have to tag your boat like DVL.
    They've always check you boat for moisture or water when you leave. Surely, they haven't started checking upon entry when the have quagga mussels in the lake.

The complaints won out. They will now take forms with name, address, phone etc. pre-filled in. You still need to sign and date while the attendant observes. They don't check for moisture upon entering.... YET

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    The complaints won out. They will now take forms with name, address, phone etc. pre-filled in. You still need to sign and date while the attendant observes. They don't check for moisture upon entering.... YET
    Finally.... a reasonable compliant was responded to with a reasonable solution!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12