Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1.5 h/year of surf fishing

Default 1.5 h/year of surf fishing

Had just over an hour and my rod and last remaining LC were in the car so hit one of the three usual places just out of town, mostly to cool off in clear nice water and survey the changes.
    As expected there was all sort of vegetation in the water but few clear spots that surprisingly returned weed-free LC, and also fish. The troughs were not as deep as last year and shifted, I've been getting a lot of bass off surfboard just to avoid nearshore mess but it was relaxing to wade and watch the water movement and occasional shadows darting around. Before long I got a first hali at 16" , then I got splashing fish chasing my lure, next cast confirmed giant smelt, got a couple smelts and they moved on. Finally crossed a sandy hole few times with casts and got a nice tag, another short hali at 19". I wanted to check the other two spots but it was time to go and pick my daughter up. It does feel fishy out there with bait and conditions, just nobody fishing. I'll need to add few more hours before the year is over.
    Have fun out there!

Thank you your report and I am glad you got bit!
    TL's
    Bill