Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide Open Sand Bass fishing on the Half-day boat Point Loma!

I'm glad you are still making reports! I've been gone for 9 years lol but I'm glad I'm finally settled haha. Wanna go fish?

Quote Originally Posted by XMrxSEAUx View Post
    I'm glad you are still making reports! I've been gone for 9 years lol but I'm glad I'm finally settled haha. Wanna go fish?
    My Fall fishing plan is to hit Irvine a lot and then do some Tuna and Yellowtail fishing. I'm going to hit Gusati next Thursday afternoon for catfish. (it's the last catfish stocking of the season) and then try to rent some kid for the Sept 21 kid's catfish derby at La Mirada Regional park. Their is going to be 2 more Orange County Regional park catfish stockings. Then wait for Lake Wohlford to start stocking trout in early December. I am an opportunist and will hit anything good that comes along! The classic example was that ridiculous trout stocking they had in June at Lake Silverwood! (We hit that 3 times in 7 day's) So if any of that works for you, let me know? Lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-05-2019 at 06:12 AM.

Since Sablefish (i.e. Black Cod) like cold water, it could be due to global warming that they aren't around locally anymore? I hear that people are now catching species that came up from Mexico here and there these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Since Sablefish (i.e. Black Cod) like cold water, it could be due to global warming that they aren't around locally anymore? I hear that people are now catching species that came up from Mexico here and there these days.
    The whole Salt water fishing has been turned up side down in the last 40 years! I'll give a few examples that people can't explain. Some you can explain to over fishing like Rock Cod and Calico Bass, while others are just a mystery to what happened to them. The Sand Bass I already named, but happened to the Albacore and the Barracuda? The big positive in the last 5 years is, where did these Trophy Blue fin tuna come from? Their is a gentlemen that runs a small charter boat operation locally, and what he caught in the last month is hard to believe. Numerous 200-300 pound Blue fin tuna on an daily basis! I think Global warming is too simple of an answer, but it has something to do with it!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-05-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Also, since we are talking about fish disappearing, whatever happened to the anchovies? We used that great live bait for years and years. Are they back? (I have not fished the open ocean for a long time.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12