Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood looks gross

Default Silverwood looks gross

Saw a photo of the lake in the newspaper lake looks low and gross with all the alge in it.
    will be awhile till I’m back

The actual water clarity is pretty darn good. There was a drawdown for about last 2-3 weeks but as of yesterday appeared to be on the way back up. Also they are treating the water tomorrow, lake will be closed while treated but should open up later in the day.

The good news is there was almost nobody there last night when I visited, looks like the killer algae alert is scaring off the crowds, I hope the algae stays around till fall, lol.

How's the alge and moss looking these days? What to take a day off work and give it a go but when the water is good for trolling.

Alright I am doing a exploratory trip in two weeks think it should be cleared up by then. You guys got to start posting something or not but would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    How's the alge and moss looking these days? What to take a day off work and give it a go but when the water is good for trolling.
    I was up there Friday the 20th. Alge not terrible, but not great either. We metered a lot of fish but had trouble getting them to bite. Ended up with about 6-7 smaller stripers. Found that they really only wanted to bite the baits that were moving. We caught a bunch just trolling a nightcrawler behind a sinker.

Thanks for the reply glad you got a few fish. Was the water running at the
    spillway thanks again for the reply.