Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Favorite time of year.

Default Favorite time of year.

Love it,no frickin mosquitos,lake lice are at a minimum and getting less and less,and I caught my first trout out of the wood.
    I usually don’t target trout,don’t even have the right gear,but seeing them swim in schools two feet from shore was a bit of an insult.took me a few outings but nailed one on the tiniest kastmaster i could find.
    With that outta my system the striper fishing continued,got on a few boils pre sunrise nailed a few schoolies on topwater,been hiking a lot trying to find the lakes secrets and to get it to reveal habitual striper spots.
    It’s a little slow as I’m not used to fishing the more populated parts of the lake,I miss the dam.
    Oh yeah,ran into a black bear as I was hiking around the backside of miller,word of advice,stay outta the blackberry bushes,I realized even though they are small my CRKT Bowie wouldn’t even phase that bad boy.

Thanks for the report. So few postings, good to see someone share information.