Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Yorba Regional Carp?

Default Yorba Regional Carp?

Hi All,
    I've been fishing Yorba for carp for years. Have had some great days and some skunk days. Just curious what other people's opinions are... Which lake do you all prefer. I used to have a ton of luck on the first lake. In fact, I hooked and lost what would've been my PB carp in that lake a few years ago. but it's been a few years since I've had much luck there. I know some swear by the middle lake. Haven't had a ton of luck in lake #3(and obviously the little pond isn't much). What are your opinions? PM, if you don't want to blow up your spot. I promise to keep it a secret, and I only fish the lakes a couple of times a year. Plus I C&R always...
    Last edited by goodguy; 08-13-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Nice... 76 views and zero responses.. This board used to be helpful, and full of anglers sharing information. Apparently those days have come and gone. Sad what has happened around here in the last few years.

Carp fishing is a funny thing! I have a very good friend who is a carp dud! Makes his own dough and Bolies and fishes the hair rig. Me I'm a simple dud when it comes to carp fishing, a single piece of corn on a small hook with little or no weight. Surprisingly it works pretty well, including catching the Holy Grail of Carp. (a mirror carp) I'm trying to make a point here, but I just can't help myself in rambling! Lol What I found in fishing with my friend the carp dud, he was really secretive about everything! (I'm thinking it's a carp, not an #10 Lmb in a park) But hey everyone has a right to keep their secrets! I actually wouldn't tell my opening weekend Irvine Lake strategy in advance to anyone. (it's so brilliant!) Lol So don't be discouraged, an #20-30 carp to the carp people, is the same as an double digit LMB to the bass guy's! So their just not going to give up that kind of information Freely!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-15-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Yeah, I hear that! I was mostly venting about any post I make these days. I didn't ask for a secret spot, just an opinion on which lake of the 3 someone might have decent luck at. S***, make something up! I don't care! Didn't ask about bait, exact location, setup... Just asking for opinion on which lake... 76 people saw a post and nobody has any insight? There was a time a decade ago where this was a site to share fishing info with fellow fisherman. Something changed since then.... I'm not sure the point of a fishing message board where nobody shares. I'm not looking for 20-30lb carp. I'd have taken a 3 inch baby... The last 3 times I've fished there I wasted my time(including last night). How are we going to get better if we're not sharing ideas? Keep your lips tight and have this community die, fine with me! I miss the old days where there was actual information here.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    Yeah, I hear that! I was mostly venting about any post I make these days. I didn't ask for a secret spot, just an opinion on which lake of the 3 someone might have decent luck at. S***, make something up! I don't care! Didn't ask about bait, exact location, setup... Just asking for opinion on which lake... 76 people saw a post and nobody has any insight? There was a time a decade ago where this was a site to share fishing info with fellow fisherman. Something changed since then.... I'm not sure the point of a fishing message board where nobody shares. I'm not looking for 20-30lb carp. I'd have taken a 3 inch baby... The last 3 times I've fished there I wasted my time(including last night). How are we going to get better if we're not sharing ideas? Keep your lips tight and have this community die, fine with me! I miss the old days where there was actual information here.
    Part of the problem with this website is competition. Their is several other fishing websites all hooked to Facebook. On some of them they sorta rule with an Iron Fist! You get out of line and your gone! So sharing of information is much free'er, there you don't have to worry about that famous line. "Dude you just burned my spot!" Thanks a lot chump!!!! How many times did you use to hear that on here? I remember years ago on here, some people thought their shouldn't even be a local park section! Those parks are too small and fragile to give information out on the Internet was their feeling! Of course they were all wrong!!! (I proved that many times) If you are having trouble catching Carp at Yorba, switch venues! Their is plenty of other park lakes that has a good population of Carp in them! I'll name a few close to Yorba! Tri-city, Craig, and La Mirada park lake. I've done very well in all those ponds fishing for Carp!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-15-2019 at 01:39 AM.

Yorba Regional has been my local Bass spot. The 1st lake (one with peddle boats) has been my favorite spot. Working those shallow areas towards the back of the lake have been pretty good to me.

The smaller 3rd lake I think I like the most, there is bass there, but you really need to finesse those guys. Really makes you work for them!

Goodluck out there!

Quote Originally Posted by mrHUBA View Post
    Yorba Regional has been my local Bass spot. The 1st lake (one with peddle boats) has been my favorite spot. Working those shallow areas towards the back of the lake have been pretty good to me.

The smaller 3rd lake I think I like the most, there is bass there, but you really need to finesse those guys. Really makes you work for them!

Goodluck out there!
    Lake Elsinore in Riverside county is loaded with carp. Park on the east side on Lake dr. and you can fish there alon those points. Throw corn or pieces of nightcrawler out and you should have a carp, they are mostly small, in a minute or two.