Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Irvine Lake Re-opens - First Catfish Report

Quote Originally Posted by zzzfish View Post
    From OC Park.

Park Hours: Friday-Sunday 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parking: $5

rvine Lake is scheduled to reopen August 17 to shoreline fishing only, Fridays through Sundays.

* No license required. California Department of Fish and Wildlife fishing regulations regarding fish limits apply.
    * Bass (catch-and-release), catfish, carp, bluegill, crappie and sturgeon are in the lake. The lake will not be stocked.
    * Shoreline fishing only. No boats, float tubes or other recreational activities available.
    * Bait and light snacks available to purchase.
    * No alcohol permitted.
    * No access to Irvine Ranch Open Space.

Please do not stop or park anywhere along Santiago Canyon Road. The entrance gate will not open until 7 a.m. Anyone stopped or parked along Santiago Canyon Road prior to the opening will be subject to citation. Thank you for your cooperation with regards to the safety of everyone on the road. Please plan your drive accordingly.
    Thank you for the response!

I do have a couple of other questions.

Is the year round parking pass that you buy for Miles square park etc good there?

Also, their not going to allow people to camp out in front of the gate the night before the opener?

So their expecting people to drive back and forth on Santiago Canyon road till 7:00 am and then all turn in there at once?
    Last edited by etucker1959; 08-02-2019 at 01:13 PM.

Please... please... please... allow float tubes. The problems in the past were not the fault of the lake (or lake staff). Can't control heart attacks, suicide, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by boomstikit View Post
    Please... please... please... allow float tubes. The problems in the past were not the fault of the lake (or lake staff). Can't control heart attacks, suicide, etc.
    What the ultimate decision making factor to allow boating or float tubing is the liability of who's in charge! If they can get an insurance carrier to cover them or be willing to self insure, that is really what this all comes down too! Not someone will to allow the public those opportunity's! Think LNL, they took the boats out and have not allowed float tubing since they got rid of the private concessionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    Forget about the cats it’s all
    About the Slabz fattting up !!!

Lol..

CM
    Forget about the crappie, it's all about the bass fattening up! just kidding, so stoked it's opening up

It's nice that's it's opening, but without boating it's an different animal!

To my knowledge, your pass will not work since it's not a park that's listed on OC Park website...I may be wrong but that's my interpretation.

I don't know about their parking set-up for the opening day/weekend.

7. Default

How much does it cost to fish there? Can't find on website.

$5 for parking, free to fish. Open 7am - 4pm Friday, Saturday, and Sunday

The Friday through Sunday thing. Is that temporary? Will Irvine be opened all week eventually? Will there eventually be night fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Dog View Post
    The Friday through Sunday thing. Is that temporary? Will Irvine be opened all week eventually? Will there eventually be night fishing?
    Everything I read about the Friday through Sunday thing, is too test the waters on how much interest their is in the place. Obviously the people who made that decision aren't real fishermen! Why????? Because they don't have a clue what a great deal their offering the public for so little money! No fishing license required, no $28 a person to fish there and you get a world class fishery close to LA County and in Orange County for a $5 PARKING FEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus their going to stock trout in the Winter! Yea, people are going to flock to the place and I'm sure it won't be long before they say, "Honey I think we need to open this place up more!" Lol

Probably no to the night fishing! Why because no other Orange County park has offered that and it's the same people who are running this one!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast