Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 7/30 Short report

Default 7/30 Short report

Well, stripers are pretty much absent. Odd to show up at the inlet at 6:20 am and see the water coming in at a good clip, but not a sign of a fish in the whitewater. In the last week or so the buoy line has been slow too. I gave up and started looking for largemouth. There is some moderate action on the LMB front. Typical Skinner. This too shall pass and the fall bite will soon be here.

Thanks Pat. Good to see you are still trying. Hopefully this fall will be like it was a couple of years ago.

I'll be happy if it turns out like last year in October/November. Nice shad run in the shallows

the lake has been steady dropping for the last 2 months, even with the inlet flowing. do you think that has been hurting the bite? I know they blue stoned a few months ago which killed off the algae bloom, cleared up the water. was glad to see more weed and grass growing and the water stained, should get really good again soon.

was there this past Monday and the last few weekends and have noticed the bite slowing down. tons of shad and fry around the weeds and tullies.
    Last edited by DBass; 08-01-2019 at 08:54 AM.