Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fishing near Thousand Oaks?

Default Fishing near Thousand Oaks?

New to the forum and just moved into the Thousand Oaks area. I was looking for some spots nearby for freshwater. Bass and bluegill. I’ve been to century lake but was wondering if there were any spots I may be missing. Thanks!

Wow! 323views and not one comment of help!

Quote Originally Posted by 805fishing View Post
    New to the forum and just moved into the Thousand Oaks area. I was looking for some spots nearby for freshwater. Bass and bluegill. I’ve been to century lake but was wondering if there were any spots I may be missing. Thanks!
    You need to find someone who can get you into West Lake, Lake Sherwood or Malibu Lake, all private lakes but they are full of bass. If you keep going up the creek past Century lake a couple miles there are some big pools that have bass. Castaic is where I fish during the summer. Castaic was stocked with trout, I saw people doing good last Saturday on the dam. I did good netting live shad at Castaic all summer, but when I went last Saturday, the shad went were gone. Good luck.