Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Pier Fishing For Bonefish!

Default Pier Fishing For Bonefish!

Landed The Bonefish Thanks To Okuma & Gorilla Grip Gloves!

Earlier i caught 2 Pufferfish so when the strike bell rang i was expecting the same type of fish. But this time there was more weight so i knew i had something different. I was aching from a crushed thumb & punctured foot so was glad it was a small fish. My friend Chef Charley had asked me for another Bonefish "O'io" so since it was over the 14in legal size limit i didn't release it. I normally don't keep my fish unless a friend asks me for one.

I had the chance to use a Gorilla Grip glove that was being featured at iCast 2019 at Orlando a few weeks ago. They're extremely light weight & thin. The advertisements show that wet slippery fish will not "slip" off when properly held. Bonefish are extremely powerful fighters. This one was only 16in but i was able to grip it while wet & it couldn't flip itself off. Will use them again on my next outing.

My buddy Dustin Jed had a huge strike (5:42 time frame on this video) just before sunset. Whatever it was it took off without stopping. Eventually when the leader snapped the line showed multiple frays & had a clean cut above the hook. It was nice to chat with fellow bowler Rudy that afternoon.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&vid...UV0mxpj_g&ar=3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_E3704.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	52170