Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SD North County

Default SD North County

Looking for some help. I just recently moved to Carlsbad and I am very interested in surf fishing and fishing in the Lagoons. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tight Lines

Quote Originally Posted by xohusband View Post
    Looking for some help. I just recently moved to Carlsbad and I am very interested in surf fishing and fishing in the Lagoons. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tight Lines
    There are several good bass fishing lakes in San Diego. Lower Otay, San Vicente, and El Capitan to name a few. Go onto San Diego Fish, it's a great site, and people are very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by xohusband View Post

Thanks
    Tight Lines
    Back in the day (about 20 years ago) when the surf was flat, I would park along Chinquapin and walk along the tracks to fish on the shore next to the rip rap. Looks like there is commercial development there so the fishing in that area maybe restricted unless you had a kayak. Summer time we would toss plastics, like a motor oil colored grub that mimicked the little blennies you see along the shore. Lots of small calico. An occasional five pounder. We were always catch and release. In the winter would use frozen mussel to catch opal eyes. A good summer thing is to fish the shore line (lagoon side) along PCH or Carlsbad Blvd. We would toss out pieces of bread and snag sardines or smelt by dragging treble hooks through the boil. Would fly line those guys and every now and then we would go home with a legal Hali.

Hope that helps.

Been a long time (years now), but had very good luck with ghost shrimp right in front of Nixon's place (Western White House) in San Clemente. At the time it was easy to find because there was an old abandoned security camera pole, and a concrete thing that looked like a chair. Park at the public beach, walk south along the beach. Lots of Corbina and Spotfin, plus always something extra.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    There are several good bass fishing lakes in San Diego. Lower Otay, San Vicente, and El Capitan to name a few. Go onto San Diego Fish, it's a great site, and people are very helpful.
    Agree, SD Fish will be very helpful