Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear Lake has been producing.

Default Big Bear Lake has been producing.

My buddy and I were nailing em today. Two trout limits. We released three. Oh my god, I had a very nice one on. I don't lose 2 or 3 pounders on my 2 lb test. I've reeled in (2) 6.25 pounders in on it and I remember clearly what they felt like. This one fought harder.

I had a major bendo. As soon as I picked it up I knew it wasn't an ordinary trout. It was heavy like a damned log. This log was taking line easily. I pumped it gently, reeled in the slack and repeated. Again a lot of line going out. I adjusted the drag a mite stiffer. Still it took line freely. I was a little low on line so I was worried about getting spooled so I tightened the drag another smidgeon... SNAP! Crap! You guys know that awful feeling. Lol. I didn't even get to see the damned thing but it barely let me get it in very far. I fought it for about 2 minutes. We'll never know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190709_145143.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	52141  
    Last edited by IE fisherman; 07-10-2019 at 02:19 AM.

Sweet glad you hammered them Thanks for the report. Might have to tow the pontoon up there and give it a try.

Way to go. Those are some beautiful fish.

You're an animal fishing big bear with 2lb test!

Lol. Yeah, don't remind me. My whole spool on my 2 poles is 2 lb test. I've been reliving that heavy hook up all night and this morning. It felt like a snag but it kept taking a ton of line on about 4 different runs. I've been thinking maybe I should have had 4 lb test on. Waaaaa waaaa! Big Bear is always cool because even if they didn't stock there's always holdovers in there. The last couple weeks has been really good. Go get em.
    Last edited by IE fisherman; 07-10-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Very nice! Trout that actually have tails. Bet they fought real good.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmeister View Post
    Very nice! Trout that actually have tails. Bet they fought real good.
    Big Bear trout always fight hard. They're very wild and it is my preferred fishing lake anywhere including the Eastern Sierra. It may not match the beauty for miles on end but I've had more fun fishing there for quality fish than any other lake
    Last edited by IE fisherman; 07-10-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Nice report! Were you guys from the shore or on a boat? What was the bait or lure of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by IE fisherman View Post
    My buddy and I were nailing em today. Two trout limits. We released three. Oh my god, I had a very nice one on. I don't lose 2 or 3 pounders on my 2 lb test. I've reeled in (2) 6.25 pounders in on it and I remember clearly what they felt like. This one fought harder.

I had a major bendo. As soon as I picked it up I knew it wasn't an ordinary trout. It was heavy like a damned log. This log was taking line easily. I pumped it gently, reeled in the slack and repeated. Again a lot of line going out. I adjusted the drag a mite stiffer. Still it took line freely. I was a little low on line so I was worried about getting spooled so I tightened the drag another smidgeon... SNAP! Crap! You guys know that awful feeling. Lol. I didn't even get to see the damned thing but it barely let me get it in very far. I fought it for about 2 minutes. We'll never know.

I haven't been on the water in nearly 3 years, and I have never fished Big Bear... What is the current fishing like? Have they stocked trout??? I want to either try out Big Bear for the trout or else Skinner for cat fish, but like I posted it has been a long while since I've been out.

Very nice bunch of trout there! Yeah I think most fishermen know that feeling,I’ve hooked some hogs F/W and S/W both, I hate not getting to see what they were,at least if you get to see them and the they escape there’s no speculation. Thanks for the report!

Cya Tuna Vic

I prefer to be on a boat drift fishing with any of the popular PB scents. What's nice about Big Bear is that it doesn't have to be stocked. There's always fish in there.
    Last edited by IE fisherman; 07-28-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast