Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SARL 24 hour fishing/camping

Default SARL 24 hour fishing/camping

First of all,
    Report- Skunked! Not even one nibble and we had 6 rods out.

I am beginning to think with them stocking on Thursday, you have to be here Friday or the very latest the Friday night 24 hour fishing/camping to have success here. We set up at the 'handicapped zone' on the south side of Chris' pond and wet our lines from 7pm till 7am for nada. I had the right line, the right hook, the right bait, and again nada. I was determined to catch fish this time, i stayed up all night while the family went to bed in the tent. I continued to refresh my bait to no avail.

SARL needs to stock more fish or stock twice a week. Something. the price to go in there is astronomical and getting to camp there eases the burden on the wallet, but people expect to catch fish.

The last few times, over the years, I fished for catfish and got nothing. I throw artificial for bass when i am bored and have caught bass in the past, but not today.

SARL needs to do something about this.

A-I-T

Quote Originally Posted by ANGLER-IN-TRAINING View Post
    First of all,

I am beginning to think with them stocking on Thursday, you have to be here Friday or the very latest the Friday night 24 hour fishing/camping to have success here. We set up at the 'handicapped zone' on the south side of Chris' pond and wet our lines from 7pm till 7am for nada. I had the right line, the right hook, the right bait, and again nada. I was determined to catch fish this time, i stayed up all night while the family went to bed in the tent. I continued to refresh my bait to no avail.

SARL needs to stock more fish or stock twice a week. Something. the price to go in there is astronomical and getting to camp there eases the burden on the wallet, but people expect to catch fish.

The last few times, over the years, I fished for catfish and got nothing. I throw artificial for bass when i am bored and have caught bass in the past, but not today.

A-I-T
    SARL has always been a tough catfish lake for many reason. Next week I'm hitting 2 of my can't miss catfish lakes. Lol If I succeed I'll be sure to write a report!

How far out where you casting your baits? At night, cats tend to come up real shallow to feed. Deeper during the day due to sun. At Irvine lake I've caught channels in a foot of water. During full moon nights have seen em swimming along the shore in schools with there backs out of the water.

Default Casting

I tried short, medium, long casts. I was determined to catch fish, I had over 12 hours, I did a lot of experimenting.

Default High price of admission

For the amount they charge, maybe next time I will spend not quite so much to get the same experience.

Maybe try other fishing/camping locals like Rancho Jurupa, Prado, Glen Helen, Lake Skinner, Cuyamaca, there is quite a few.

Of course, the best fishing/camping, in my opinion, is the Colorado river or the IV, but even that has its draw backs, ie travel time.

First of all,

A-I-T
    That sucks! SARL can be hit or miss in my experience. When catfishing, I like to give a spot an hour to an hour and a half. not bites. Move... But even then, sometimes it's just not happening.

goodguy,
    yes, thats what i normally do when by myself or a friend, but i had the family there so, could not really move. we had the tent, fire ring, gear, we were not going to be moving.

goodguy,
    yes, thats what i normally do when by myself or a friend, but i had the family there so, could not really move. we had the tent, fire ring, gear, we were not going to be moving.
    Yeah, having the whole crew and a home base makes it hard to move around.

First of all,

A-I-T
    Try using floats, your bait should be suspended like the fish are. longer rods are better as well, I seldom go there with anything less than 10' long even for trout and yes I have 10' light tackle. Also try scents, pro cure works well. Tight lines.
    Last edited by Theos; 07-01-2019 at 08:20 PM.

12 hours! I would have CHUMED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast