Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Berryessa

Default Berryessa

Fished Berryessa from shore a couple of evenings while in the area for work.
    I love this lake. Combination of smallies and largies. Most on drop shot and a couple of nice jig fish as well.
    Fished Spanish Flats area only due to time constraints, but have caught fish every place I've stopped before. The lake is enormous and would takes hours to drive all the way around. Can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks and try a few new places.

Heard it’s a good lake!
    Crappie are in there
    Too....

Cm

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Fished Berryessa from shore a couple of evenings while in the area for work.
    I love this lake. Combination of smallies and largies. Most on drop shot and a couple of nice jig fish as well.
    Fished Spanish Flats area only due to time constraints, but have caught fish every place I've stopped before. The lake is enormous and would takes hours to drive all the way around. Can't wait to go back in a couple of weeks and try a few new places.
    Nice Brent!

Any place where you can hammer smallies and largies from shore sounds like a dream spot for shore pounders like myself.

What are you doing way up north? Thinking of hitting up Pine Flat for the 4th of July weekend, but the thought of the amount of lake lice makes me want to put the rods away.

Working DS. I do get a little free time and it's only 45 minutes from the hotel near Napa.
    First time there late April I smashed some really nice ones and also pulled a trifecta. Smallmouth, largemouth and spotties same day. I tried the delta from shore the day before and without a boat it sucked. Every inch of fish able water was crowded and trashed. Very disappointed, but the next day Sunday at Berryessa was awesome.
    crappiemike
    My buddy I work with said that late winter early spring is stupid crappie fishing from shore. I plan on giving that a try next season.

I’ve fished it once,while visiting some friends up north,caught mostly smallies nothing really big but still fun!

Cya Tuna Vic