Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Where to store?

Default Where to store?

Hey all I have a new question... I think. I live in an apartment complex but really interested in buying a boat, but I have no place to keep it. Does anyone live in an apartment or condo and own a boat? What are some good options as far as where to keep a boat if you can't keep it at your residence? Not trying to break the bank.

I live in a apartment and I keep both boats at a local storage yard and the owner lets me work on them there.
    Thats the only option I could find and works out quite well

Quote Originally Posted by desertstorm View Post
    Hey all I have a new question... I think. I live in an apartment complex but really interested in buying a boat, but I have no place to keep it. Does anyone live in an apartment or condo and own a boat? What are some good options as far as where to keep a boat if you can't keep it at your residence? Not trying to break the bank.
    How do you plan on charging the trolling motor batteries? Do you plan on taking them out each time and charging them at home?

I was hoping to charge it wherever I end up storing it. The storage yards seem expensive though around Long Beach where I live.

I take them out and bring them home. It costs $135 to store a 24 and 16 footer were I live plus it has 24 hour security.
    You will have to do alot of searching looking for the right storage yard

paying storage is like paying for your boat twice. If at all costs using a family member who has a garage and wants to go fishing will save you more in the long run. I use to live in costa mesa off newport blvd and I had an apartment that had a garage that was 75 feet deep. All the units there have monster garages, it was awesome !

I used to pay $65 a month to store it in Loma Linda. I got a house 5 years ago with a 40 feet deep garage so the boats indoors all the time now!

Quote Originally Posted by khanhqpham View Post
    I used to pay $65 a month to store it in Loma Linda. I got a house 5 years ago with a 40 feet deep garage so the boats indoors all the time now!
    $65!? Where was that because I have not found anything that cheap

The cheapest place I found in the OC is at Irvine Lake. I pay $90 for a 10 x 20 ft spot, on a dirt lot.

Default Boat Storage and repair in Riverside

Quote Originally Posted by lucky1 View Post
    The cheapest place I found in the OC is at Irvine Lake. I pay $90 for a 10 x 20 ft spot, on a dirt lot.
    My boat mechanic charges a guy $45 per month to store it at his home. Guy will call and my mechanic charges the batteries and moves the rig to an area of his yard to make attaching the trailer easier. My Mechanic is in the woodcrest area of Riverside. And there's no need to take your boat to a mechanic. The lot is entirely asphalt.
    Last edited by khanhqpham; 10-30-2019 at 07:15 PM.