Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Mercury Powered Boat Repair

Default Mercury Powered Boat Repair

Just a heads up, and for me a bit of bad news: Quality Performance Marine (QPM) is closing. Picked up a part there yesterday, Rod said he is retiring, and has taken his last boat. I have always had excellent service at a fair price from QPM. At least here in the Norco / Corona area, I have had really bad experience with every boat shop except QPM.
    Boats being what they are, it is likely some folks have had complaints with QPM, but not me. So I thought I would pass this along before you tow a Mercury powered boat for repair only to find a closed shop.

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    Just a heads up, and for me a bit of bad news: Quality Performance Marine (QPM) is closing. Picked up a part there yesterday, Rod said he is retiring, and has taken his last boat. I have always had excellent service at a fair price from QPM. At least here in the Norco / Corona area, I have had really bad experience with every boat shop except QPM.
    Boats being what they are, it is likely some folks have had complaints with QPM, but not me. So I thought I would pass this along before you tow a Mercury powered boat for repair only to find a closed shop.
    I brought my 60 hp 4 stroke mercury there for service and it was always loud and hesitated a lot. My new mechanic in the Woodcrest area of Riverside charges less the the engine is quite and smooth.
    Last edited by khanhqpham; 10-31-2019 at 10:16 PM.