Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide Open Trout fishing at Lake Silverwood!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's too bad the DFW didn't give the angling public advance notice on these plants!...... That's doing a dis service to the angling public!
    Mr. Tucker,

-Our snow pack is over 200% this year in the Sierras.
    -The price of gas is going up (maybe down).
    -Life isn’t “fair.”
    -People in elected positions are going to do what THEY feel is right, it may NOT align with your thoughts/feelings.
    -Even if the fish are there, they may not bite.
    -At times, there’s been an epic bluefin bite off our coast already this year.

Just trying to give you and the rest of the “angling public” advance notice in EVERYTHING that may (or may not) affect their fishing experience. It would be unfortunate if Kwin, or anyone other person or entity, did a disservice to the angling public...

For crying out loud Mr. Tucker, you said yourself, the fishing was outstanding. Report on it, and go enjoy it. Why start pointing the finger at Kwin or anyone else about a “disservice” done?

Thanks for the info Kwin. While I don’t fish for stocked trout/catfish, I agree with you in regards to rewarding people that are already there camping. It’s incidents like these where are you get stories like, “we were camping up at Silverwood and they stocked like crazy while we were there. It was fantastic. My kids had the time of their life!”

Okay, let me have it Mr. Tucker......

Quote Originally Posted by bass413 View Post
    Mr. Tucker,

-Our snow pack is over 200% this year in the Sierras.
    -The price of gas is going up (maybe down).
    -Life isn’t “fair.”
    -People in elected positions are going to do what THEY feel is right, it may NOT align with your thoughts/feelings.
    -Even if the fish are there, they may not bite.
    -At times, there’s been an epic bluefin bite off our coast already this year.

Just trying to give you and the rest of the “angling public” advance notice in EVERYTHING that may (or may not) affect their fishing experience. It would be unfortunate if Kwin, or anyone other person or entity, did a disservice to the angling public...

For crying out loud Mr. Tucker, you said yourself, the fishing was outstanding. Report on it, and go enjoy it. Why start pointing the finger at Kwin or anyone else about a “disservice” done?

Thanks for the info Kwin. While I don’t fish for stocked trout/catfish, I agree with you in regards to rewarding people that are already there camping. It’s incidents like these where are you get stories like, “we were camping up at Silverwood and they stocked like crazy while we were there. It was fantastic. My kids had the time of their life!”

Okay, let me have it Mr. Tucker......
    Ok, you're smart enough to know I'm a Flunked out Lawyer and a response would be coming! Lol People like Kwin on here, so I wouldn't want to be the one to send him packing! Lol I already have a few victims to my credit! Lol So I wasn't going to respond any more or more fierce then I already answered to Kwin. However, you are a different story! Lol

What headline has been hitting the local fishing community almost continuously in recent years? (It's been the one about the 365 day fishing license) It's failed many times already in the State legislature. So every time they bring it back up they talk about declining license sales and that fishing is a Billion dollar plus a year business in the state of California. So losing anglers in California would put a real hurt on the economy of the state! The only answer these people keep coming up with to save that Billion dollar a year fishing industry is a 365 day license! Oh come on that's the best they can come up with!

If they really wanted to promote fishing in CA, the easiest thing they could do is stock fish close to where the people live. The DFW has done just the opposite! They did a miserable job of stocking trout this year in the local lakes and ponds. Plus they cancelled the Urban Catfish program that stocked 13 lakes once a month for 6 months out of the year. The total cost of that program was $500,000 a year! A Mere pitench of the overall DFW budget!

From what I read the State law say's for every license sold the DFW must stock so many pounds of trout a year per angler. (W.O.N. reported that the DFW wasn't even meeting their quota) Back to the meat of my point. If declining license sales keep going down, fishing will only get worse! Meaning less people will buy a license and starting a vicious cycle of poor fishing!

What makes people want to go fishing more????

Simplest answer in the world!

They catch fish!!

So planting fish and not telling anyone isn't going to make the casual angler want to buy a fishing license next year. But if that same casual angler heard about mass stockings of fish close to home and was affordable ($10 per carload to get into Silverwood) and went and limited his whole family out of good grade trout! That guy and his family will probably buy a fishing license next year! (it's just that simple!)
    Last edited by etucker1959; 06-09-2019 at 04:52 PM.

just think the declining sales of licenses, mean that the cost of a license will increase even more drastically. It would be interesting to see how much of that money is spent elsewhere, because it sure seems like fishing and hunting gets shittier every year.. Maybe it’s the plastic straws or plastic bags that are causing it. I know it’s not from the increased hunting and fishing pressure, unless no one is buying licenses anymore.

Ok, you're smart enough to know I'm a Flunked out Lawyer and a response would be coming! Lol People like Kwin on here, so I wouldn't want to be the one to send him packing! Lol I already have a few victims to my credit! Lol So I wasn't going to respond any more or more fierce then I already answered to Kwin. However, you are a different story! Lol

What headline has been hitting the local fishing community almost continuously in recent years? (It's been the one about the 365 day fishing license) It's failed many times already in the State legislature. So every time they bring it back up they talk about declining license sales and that fishing is a Billion dollar plus a year business in the state of California. So losing anglers in California would put a real hurt on the economy of the state! The only answer these people keep coming up with to save that Billion dollar a year fishing industry is a 365 day license! Oh come on that's the best they can come up with!

If they really wanted to promote fishing in CA, the easiest thing they could do is stock fish close to where the people live. The DFW has done just the opposite! They did a miserable job of stocking trout this year in the local lakes and ponds. Plus they cancelled the Urban Catfish program that stocked 13 lakes once a month for 6 months out of the year. The total cost of that program was $500,000 a year! A Mere pitench of the overall DFW budget!

From what I read the State law say's for every license sold the DFW must stock so many pounds of trout a year per angler. (W.O.N. reported that the DFW wasn't even meeting their quota) Back to the meat of my point. If declining license sales keep going down, fishing will only get worse! Meaning less people will buy a license and starting a vicious cycle of poor fishing!

What makes people want to go fishing more????

Simplest answer in the world!

They catch fish!!

So planting fish and not telling anyone isn't going to make the casual angler want to buy a fishing license next year. But if that same casual angler heard about mass stockings of fish close to home and was affordable ($10 per carload to get into Silverwood) and went and limited his whole family out of good grade trout! That guy and his family will probably buy a fishing license next year! (it's just that simple!)
    Some things never change, you still have this all f'd up Etucker. This is not a DFW issue, they are not the ones supplying the fish for those plants it was an agreement the DWR makes with the Feds. and not really state related. The DFW does plant in Silverwood but the extra plants that Silverwood, Pyramid and a couple others get are from an agreement for power generation.

Did you not see Kwin's post on this thread explaining this in detail?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Some things never change, you still have this all f'd up Etucker. This is not a DFW issue, they are not the ones supplying the fish for those plants it was an agreement the DWR makes with the Feds. and not really state related. The DFW does plant in Silverwood but the extra plants that Silverwood, Pyramid and a couple others get are from an agreement for power generation.

Did you not see Kwin's post on this thread explaining this in detail?
    Hold your horses!!!!!! I read several articles about the subject, the DFW was suppose to supply the fish as part of the DWR agreement! The problem was they could not!!! Usual BS excuses, dog ate their homework, check is in the mail. The sad part of the DFW is, their not meeting their legal obligation to stock so many trout per license sold! (what we just going to let them slide, because they have an excuse!) They do can buy the fish from the Calvereas hatchery just like the DWR had too! Then the DFW used their lame excuse that said, "if they don't come from our hatchery, we have no obligation to inform the public their being stocked!

Ok then, "Who's job is it then to increase angler enhancement?"

If you say it's not the F en DFW job to help the public. If that's the case, in my opinion they should privatizes the whole DFW and fire the A hole state employees. The new private agency then can hire people who will help the public!

Ok Dale, who in your opinion should be helping the public get more involved in promoting fishing in this state, if it's not the DFW job? Fishing is a several Billion dollar a year industry and it should be saved from going in the toilet!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-31-2019 at 09:15 AM.

Hold your horses!!!!!! I read several articles about the subject, the DFW was suppose to supply the fish as part of the DWR agreement! The problem was they could not!!! (usual BS excuses!) So they had to buy the fish from the Calvereas hatchery! Then the DFW used their lame excuse that said, "if they don't come from our hatchery, we have no obligation to inform the public their being stocked!

Ok then, "Who's job is it then to increase angler enhancement?"

If you say it's not the F en DFW job to help the public. If that's the case, in my opinion they should privatizes the whole DFW and fire the A hole state employees. The new private agency then can hire people who will help the public!

Ok Dale, who in your opinion should be helping the public get more involved in promoting fishing in this state, if it's not the DFW job? Fishing is a several Billion dollar a year industry and it should be saved from going in the toilet!
    Why advertise for truck chasers? Start at the top and work your way down to get to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Why advertise for truck chasers? Start at the top and work your way down to get to the problem.
    Let me explain it too you.

Fishing goes in a cycle of good or bad based upon money! The biggest indicator of which way the cycle is going is fishing license sales. That's why they keep making a big push for the 365 day license sale. They realize sportfishing in Cal is in trouble, so they are trying to come up with ideas to reverse that trend. (their afraid of ruining a Billion dollar plus industry in CA that is fishing) So the 365 day license is a good idea! I've seen some angler education programs and some youth movements idea's all designed to promote fishing!

Those are nice ideas but their missing the most logical one of them all.

You know what makes people want to go fishing more then anything else???? CATCHING FISH!!!!! CATCHING FISH!!!!!! CATCHING FISH!!!!! CATCHING FISH!!!!

I don't know how much more plain I can make it. Am I that much smarter then everyone else????? To me it's soo obvious, but to others including people who work for the DFW they don't see it!!!

You want to increase fishing license sales? Get people to buy boats and fishing tackle etc and go to the Sierras and rent Motels and spend money in restaurants. Have them catch fish and they will come back!

If you don't you get in a downward spiral! Someone who's not a fishermen get's invited to go fishing and they buy a 1 day license and his friend lends him a pole. They catch nothing!!!!! Is this guy going to want to become a fishermen???? Probably not!!!! But if the guy heard about the mass stocking of trout in advance at Lake Silverwood and invitees his buddy's who don't fish and they go and catch a boat load of nice trout! You just created a new fishermen!!!!

Get it?????? We are all in this together!!!! We all win or we all lose together! For if the money isn't there we all lose!

I'm sorry if I'm apparently the smartest guy in the room and have to take a bunch of feces to point out the correct solution! We all need to encourage fishing, not keep it a secret, otherwise fishing will die in the dark for all of us!!!!

Apparently the organization that has everything already set up in place and is very well funded to promote fishing. The DFW, but it's now pretty obvious their nothing bunch of dumb shitzes!

You know CHUCKY, I'm a victim of the DFW incompetence! The Saturday before they stocked all those trout in Lake Silverwood I lead a failed expedition to the Aqueduct! We had 2 car loads of people including several new fishermen. We went on an 15 hour adventure to the CA aqueduct and ended up catching nothing! That very next week they did that unbelievable unannounced stocking of trout at Lake Silverwood. Wouldn't it been nice to have taken 3 Newbies to that kind of fishing! Instead the locals only got on them first! I heard guy's talking about catching 100 fish a day each for 3 day's in a row! That's just plain greed!!!!! (that's like the 1% ers owning most of the wealth) No one person needs to catch that many trout! Oh by the way, I even heard the locals complain about how many dead trout were just floating around after dying after being C&R! If more people would have caught and kept their 5 fish, it would have been nicer for everyone except the greedy people!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 07-31-2019 at 07:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12