Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Catfish in Cachuma

Default Catfish in Cachuma

Camped with the kids last weekend, bite was very tough from the shore (next to the campground).
    Had a handful of bite on the bottom and landed this guy -
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FD6D4D47-8170-4488-83C2-0895C6076379.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	52090

Nice cat,man I miss that lake,gotta go back soon!

Cya Tuna Vic

It's back to be a lake, which is nice!
    Last time I was there was right before the rain started, Cachuma looked really sad.. it's now over 80% capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
    It's back to be a lake, which is nice!
    Last time I was there was right before the rain started, Cachuma looked really sad.. it's now over 80% capacity.
    I’ve actually been to that lake when it was so dry you could literally walk across it,no kidding many years ago. They were selling all the boats and motors,then we had a abnormal year of rain and it refilled,amazing!
    Cya Tuna Vic

Great catch. Cachuma stopped stocking trout because the lakes to full but it is way better with it full

Nice kitty BBQ, that must have been fun for the kids to see!

Quote Originally Posted by petej View Post
    Great catch. Cachuma stopped stocking trout because the lakes to full but it is way better with it full
    I was wondering why I didn't see any stockings for their annual tournament. Were you told they stopped due to the lake level? The rangers are kinda tight lipped, but the guys in the tackle shop always seem willing to share what they can. Just curious what kinda info was out there. I fell in love with this lake the past few years and have been very fortunate to have enjoyed some banner days on the troll. The holdover trout should provide some great action in the months to come.

TD

I was told by many of the people who worked there while I was at the derby.It had something to do with steelhead if I remember correctly
    and all the trout there are sterile so kind of a bummer they cant breed