Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Bass fishing hass been amazing this past week! 20lb + bag and a solid 6 + pounder!

Default Bass fishing hass been amazing this past week! 20lb + bag and a solid 6 + pounder!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1847.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	52081

Name:	IMG_1799.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	52082

Name:	IMG_1827.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	52083

Name:	IMG_1815.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	52084

Name:	IMG_1812.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	52085

Wow those are some biggins. Thanks for sharing the videos.

Great going guys,some impressive slugs there!

Cya Tuna Vic

went to same spots this morning, nothing and I was told I could not fish on the docks

Default Fish outa water

Nice Fish but a little less time spent running around lookin for a scale
    A little less time out of the water for those Fish would be much more enjoyable to see.
    A 4.5 lb fish -6lb fish? Do You really need to weigh it?
    Cheers.

Have only fished there in a boat years ago . Would love to go try it in my PA12

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
    Nice Fish but a little less time spent running around lookin for a scale
    A little less time out of the water for those Fish would be much more enjoyable to see.
    A 4.5 lb fish -6lb fish? Do You really need to weigh it?
    Cheers.
    That so funny Riverdale, you mentioned how slow Bass guy's are at releasing their fish! That's been a pet peeve of mine for years! First they land it and then they fumble for their pliers to un hook it. Then they fumble some more to get their camera out to take some pictures! (their not done yet and the poor Bass is going, "I need some air!" (water) Then they fumble some more to find a scale and weigh her. (they usually drop her once or twice in the process) Then they want one last glimpse of her and then they finally release her! I'm being serious, that's what most Bass guy's do when they catch a decent Bass! I was at Irvine Lake this weekend and a guy catches a decent Bass and goes through the same routine! The patrol boat see's this going on and literally yells at the guy, "GET THAT BASS IN THE WATER QUICKLY!" My attitude is the same, guesstimate the fish's weight! (a decent fishermen should know what an #3, #4 #5 pound Bass looks like) Your not in a tournament and who cares if you went a little bit higher! Lol I didn't even see the video, (so this is no comment on the video) this is just about smart practice at Catch and Releasing any fish!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 09-02-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That so funny Riverdale, you mentioned how slow Bass guy's are at releasing their fish! That's been a pet peeve of mine for years! First they land it and then they fumble for their pliers to un hook it. Then they fumble some more to get their camera out to take some pictures! (their not done yet and the poor Bass is going, "I need some air!" (water) Then they fumble some more to find a scale and weigh her. (they usually drop her once or twice in the process) Then they want one last glimpse of her and then they finally release her! I'm being serious, that's what most Bass guy's do when they catch a decent Bass! I was at Irvine Lake this weekend and a guy catches a decent Bass and goes through the same routine! The patrol boat see's this going on and literally yells at the guy, "GET THAT BASS IN THE WATER QUICKLY!" My attitude is the same, guesstimate the fish's weight! (a decent fishermen should know what an #3, #4 #5 pound Bass looks like) Your not in a tournament and who cares if you went a little bit higher! Lol I didn't even see the video, (so this is no comment on the video) this is just about smart practice at Catch and Releasing any fish!
    X'2 ! CPR should be ready at all times if you want some pictures of you personal best!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd1950 View Post
    went to same spots this morning, nothing and I was told I could not fish on the docks
    Yup. Can't fish a lot of the areas he fishes in. Well, you can until they kick you out lol. But you really shouldn't be promoting fishing in restricted areas.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It took me awhile to log back in just to comment on this. First of all I’m an average bass guy, and I alway excited when catch any 5lbs bass, even though I caught about 20-30 bass that size a year, plus some 6, 7, or 8.5lb this year. Yes I land her, I sometimes fumble for pliers to unhook her, then fumble some more for the pictures and if the bass is special I fumble for scale to weight her. In all that it took only a minute or may be two but we bass guys know how to dip bass in water in between if it take too long. I don’t see the problem of bass guys enjoying their catches. There are many ppl here that don’t see 4-5 lbs bass very often so if they get excited then be it. I’m not sure why you always posted some negative of other ppl, not all are perfect like you. Please don’t let be like that old episode.