Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Azusa Canyon

Default Azusa Canyon

Went up hwy 39 on Monday 5-27 both lakes were full water was all the way up to the bridge. People fishing on the left side of the bridge not sure what their fishing for maybe catfish may be Bass maybe holdover trout

What lakes and bridges are up there?

Morrison Dam and San Gabriel Dam back up the San Gabriel River. Normally the lake behind the San Gabriel Damn doesn't go very far back and is hard to reach. But with all the rain and snow this year lake is full all the way back pass the bridge to the East Fork. So it's accessible for fishing. Hasn't happened in a long time

Quote Originally Posted by radicalross View Post
    Went up hwy 39 on Monday 5-27 both lakes were full water was all the way up to the bridge. People fishing on the left side of the bridge not sure what their fishing for maybe catfish may be Bass maybe holdover trout
    Lot of rattlesnakes,, they tow cars up there,,dfg gives out tickets to anglers without license,, and they confiscate gear if you arent licensed.

The forks of the San Gabriel have been fishing pretty good up above the lakes.
    I've been up several times in the last couple months and had good luck catching small trout.
    In fact, I went up yesterday with my boys and they had a blast playing on the river and catching a few fish

Quote Originally Posted by cadencecode View Post
    Lot of rattlesnakes,, they tow cars up there,,dfg gives out tickets to anglers without license,, and they confiscate gear if you arent licensed.
    Got mountain lions. Some ancient aliens that will abduct people out there. Portals to hellish dimensions. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

You sound like my buddy trying to not get me to fish his spots.

Its all true stuff and not getting any better.