Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Underwater Camera Rescue!

Default Underwater Camera Rescue!

Retrieving My Spydro Action Camera!
    This was the 2nd time my Spydro Underwater Camera was almost lost. I knew where it "snagged" the bottom but my water gear was in storage & nobody there had a mask. Fortunately i just purchased a used full face mask w/prescription lenses on eBay. Took some time but i ran home & got my new mask. No fins so i used my reef tabis (walking boots). I found it but when i dove down my full face mask instantly flooded and i inhaled water. I had to tear the mask off & while doing so had a cramp in my right calf. Damn! Not going my way!
    My new friend on the pier Thomas Mckinley, who is on YouTube as "The Hungry Fisherman" came in to help me. Damn, but the mask did the same thing to him! But he retrieved the unit for me. I'm very thankful for Thomas's help. Then the top part of the mask fell off. Seems it wasn't properly connected & diving down forced water to fill it. My calf was hurting so bad i had a hard time walking afterwards. If i had fins i wouldn't have had to fight the current or kicking myself down. Proper gear for the proper job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hkYgYozDEo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover1.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	52073  

Cool footage Chris,cramps are the worst,my wife suffers with them very frequently,legs and even toes,calf’s ect. I’ve got a couple when I used to dive and their no fun for sure.
    Glad you got your camera back,when I watch your vids it makes me want to get back to Hawaii sooo bad,soon hopefully,take care Brah!

Cya Tuna Vic

Mahalos Tunavic!