Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fun on the fly 5/24

Default Fun on the fly 5/24

Howdy peeps short report, just wanted to reach out. I havenĀ’t made it to the sierras yet this season so I switched it up on Friday and dusted off the 3wt. Last couple weeks I havenĀ’t had much love on the swimbaits, but been killing the carp at Bear with the bow. Fshnlic and I hiked down to Miller inlet and had a decent day on the fly when the wind settled. Water level was up and the wind was manageable. I was hoping to get on a few greenbacks but only the stockers wanted to play. No photos as we all know what a fish stick looks like. Nonetheless still fun on the fly, just not the hike back up.

@ Seal- Im thinking we may have met later in the afternoon. With the info we spoke about, I’m assuming so. If it was you, thanks for the intel lol. It was a pleasure regardless of who it was. Fshnlic and myself were the guys with the skinny rods and lagunitas. Im sure we’ll see each other around. Cheers!

-dave
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 05-26-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Howdy peeps short report, just wanted to reach out. I havenĀ’t made it to the sierras yet this season so I switched it up on Friday and dusted off the 3wt. Last couple weeks I havenĀ’t had much love on the swimbaits, but been killing the carp at Bear with the bow. Fshnlic and I hiked down to Miller inlet and had a decent day on the fly when the wind settled. Water level was up and the wind was manageable. I was hoping to get on a few greenbacks but only the stockers wanted to play. No photos as we all know what a fish stick looks like. Nonetheless still fun on the fly, just not the hike back up.

@ Seal- Im thinking we may have met later in the afternoon. With the info we spoke about, I’m assuming so. If it was you, thanks for the intel lol. It was a pleasure regardless of who it was. Fshnlic and myself were the guys with the skinny rods and lagunitas. Im sure we’ll see each other around. Cheers!

-dave
    Good to meet you too, and yep that was me. Always good to see somebody out there waving around skinny sticks.