Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Big Vic's Bait Bags Underwater w/Spydro!

Default Big Vic's Bait Bags Underwater w/Spydro!

Underwater Casting Using Spydro & Okuma Rigs!

I'm still trying to figure out how to properly use my Spydro Underwater fishing cam. I think i got it. So i went casting off a pier using my Okuma Cedros Surf Rods & Azores Spinning Reels. I also used Big Vic's Bait Netting to make "bait bags" which i filled with shrimp. The bag helps protect the bait from being devoured to early by bait stealers. Up till now i don't think anyone has ever filmed the reaction of fish towards the bait bag. Until now.

I used the Spydro for 4hrs & still had 49% power left as it was set to record when the unit was disturbed. But after 1pm the area went dead so i stopped. A modification i made on site was adding weight to the cam's back end. I noticed through my WiFi camera feed that the unit was nose heavy. So i ran a 1oz lead egg on the main line which slightly tilted the cam's lens so the view was more "even" instead of looking down. This unit was made more for usage on a boat from bottom jigging to trolling. I've adapted it to shore casting (see my previous video). Worked out pretty good!

Of course you don't want to cast the unit in areas where it can be hung-up like in reef or artificial structures. So i chose a sandy flat that i never got hung-up on. Always choose an area you're familiar with before using. I used a soft bait, shrimp. I know bait bags work, i've caught fish many times before using bait bags. So it was good to see how the fish reacts with it.

Just sit back and enjoy the beautiful underwater scenery:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpT6_90ehsk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover2 copy.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	52065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover1 copy.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	52064  

Cool vid Chris,you guys have some really cool looking fish over there,dug the turtle cruising through also,thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Yeah, i'm loving watching what goes on down below!