Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Skunked at Dixon

Default Skunked at Dixon

went to Dixon for 1st time today and got skunked. Only one fish was caught with over 15 boats on the water. Is Dixon always this tough or did I go on a bad day? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd1950 View Post
    went to Dixon for 1st time today and got skunked. Only one fish was caught with over 15 boats on the water. Is Dixon always this tough or did I go on a bad day? Thanks
    It's kinda tough all the time unless you're a local pro! You might want to think about trying it's sister lake! (Lake Wohlford) It's smaller, shallower and dirtier, everything warm water fish like best. We are thinking about going in another week and fish for the big 3! Bass, Crappie and Catfish all in the same trip! Loads of fun!!!! Lol

p.s. I don't like Dixon at all and I go to Lake Wohlford about 15 times a year! (They are only 5 miles apart) That should tell you something! Lol

Default Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    It's kinda tough all the time unless you're a local pro! You might want to think about trying it's sister lake! (Lake Wohlford) It's smaller, shallower and dirtier, everything warm water fish like best. We are thinking about going in another week and fish for the big 3! Bass, Crappie and Catfish all in the same trip! Loads of fun!!!! Lol

p.s. I don't like Dixon at all and I go to Lake Wohlford about 15 times a year! (They are only 5 miles apart) That should tell you something! Lol
    Thanks for the feedback, will hit Wholford in 2 weeks

He knows o what he speaks.

Dixon does have the Friday night fishing, which is nice if you understand lake ��

A follow up to are Wohlford trip on 5/24. We primarily went for Crappie with jigs and Minnows, so we were going to get some by catch's. We ended up catching 2 LMB and losing 2, 2 very beautiful Blue Catfish and several Channel Catfish. We couldn't find a Crappie to save our hinney's! We didn't even bother to fish the fresh planted catfish they stocked yesterday. The amount of people fishing the lake was amazing! 2 other boats other then us and 6 shore fishermen on the whole lake! It was so uncrowded 1 of the 2 Bald Eagles that I know of there was fishing with us most of the day! Lol