Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to PA

Default New to PA

I'm new to western PA and looking for some good places to fish. I've done ok so far, but thinking with a little advice from the locals I can do better. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Default Place to fish

Quote Originally Posted by AP110 View Post
    I'm new to western PA and looking for some good places to fish. I've done ok so far, but thinking with a little advice from the locals I can do better. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
    Hi, where are you located?

I'm in New Castle. Thanks for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by AP110 View Post
    I'm in New Castle. Thanks for responding.
    Try this: https://stepoutside.org/new-castle-pa/fishing/

Thanks for the info.

Tried Lake Arthur and the Neshannok Creek. Caught fish at both places. A nice cat and hybrid stiped bass at Lake Arthur and have done really well at the creek. Makes it nice since the creek isn't even 5 minutes away. Caught close to 30 fish in 3 days. Good times for sure.

Did a quick trip to the creek and managed to get a smallie before the rain hit. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beaut.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	52125

im from southern California.. nice smallie I love the striping on that one. one good thing about catching a smallie is you know there is more.. and you never catch the best ones at first so you know there is bigger!.

I just moved out here from So Cal myself. The weather here is worse but the fishing seems a lot better. Still working on pulling a bigger smallmouth out of this creek but so far the average one's I catch are like the one in the picture or a little bigger. For as small as the creek is there's a pretty good amount of fish. I'm using an ultra light rod and reel so it's a lot of fun.
    The stripes on that fish are definitely cool.

Went to a different spot today and got 3 smaller channel cats and a decent Walleye. First one for me. Lots of different types of fish in both the creek and the river. I'll definitely try this spot again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast