Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carp Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    Can you shoot them from shore, and also do I only need my basic fishing licence?
    Bow Fishing
    Lake Perris State Recreation Area

January 11, 2019
    Inland Empire District
    DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENTS ORDER NO. 952-19-001

Whereas: Anyone that is participating in bow and arrow fishing at Lake Perris State Recreation area must have a valid State of California fishing license and shall abide by California Code of Regulation Title 14 and State Fish and Game Code Regulations.

1. The following lands, waters, and facilities of Lake Perris State Recreation Area are hereby permitted for public use as it pertains to bow fishing:

A. Bow and arrow fishing tackle must have the arrow’s shaft or the point, or both securely attached by a line to the bow or to a fishing reel (includes crossbows). Arrows must have a tip designed for bow and arrow fishing, the use of broad heads is prohibited.

B. Bowfishing is not allowed from shore. Bowfishing is only authorized from a vessel in designated areas of the lake. The established area is inside the 5 MPH zone from east of Power Cove launch ramp to the western end of Bernasconi Day Use Area where the outlet buoy line is established. (See Map). No other area of the lake is permitted. Bowfishing is not allowed in the open zone of the lake outside of the 5 MPH zone.

C. Bow and arrow and crossbow fishing gear are considered weapons within the State Park system. When not actively bow fishing, the bow and arrow and crossbow fishing gear must be stored on the vessel at all times. It is acceptable upon arrival to transfer the equipment from a vehicle to the vessel and from a vessel to a vehicle at the conclusion of the day.

D. All fish taken by bow and arrow SHALL be removed from Lake Perris State Recreation Area in a manner consistent with CCR Title 14 1.87 – Waste of fish. Pursuant to this law, no fish may be wasted or disposed in any trash receptacle or disposed into the lake.

E. Bowfishing is prohibited within 100 feet of any person or vessel outside the vessel of the bow and arrow hunter.

F. No person shall harvest, attempt to harvest and/or possess any game fish with the exception of Carp from Lake Perris taken via method of bow and arrow fishing.

Yes, only a basic fishing license is needed.

It is important anglers abide by the rules set forth to allow this type of angling activity at Perris. This opportunity can be rescinded if they are not.

Thanks for posting the rules I forgot they added that no shore fishing part at the last minute. I have a boat with a raised platform so I don't shore fish but I did help them develop the regs to get it approved. As I said it's not a good lake for shore shooting anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12