Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are they serious about this or what? DFW Fishing in the City

Trout have become the other talpia both basically trash fish .

Our licenses keep going up in price and the fishing and hunting gets worse every year. I had bought a hunting licenses every year since the mid 80’s, now I won’t waste my money hunting in California. I’m getting pretty close to not buying a fishing license anymore also, the price is ridiculous and then add in the cost to get into a lake like DVL.

What's interesting is that states like Utah....Colorado....Wyoming and Montana don't stock streams with trout. They are all wild, reproducing fish and they do very well without help from the hatcheries which are used primarily for Lake stocking

Forgot to say that the fishing in those states seems to be light years ahead of our opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Forgot to say that the fishing in those states seems to be light years ahead of our opportunities
    The worst thing about going to those states to fish is having to come back.

Although I'm sure population has some thing to do with it.

If you have 500 people that have 1 body of water to fish in, versus having 1 person that has 500 bodies of water to fish in, you can see the challenge our DFW has.

We can also say that our DFW has been castrated by politics in this state, but that'd be another thread for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The worst thing about going to those states to fish is having to come back.

Although I'm sure population has some thing to do with it.

If you have 500 people that have 1 body of water to fish in, versus having 1 person that has 500 bodies of water to fish in, you can see the challenge our DFW has.

We can also say that our DFW has been castrated by politics in this state, but that'd be another thread for another time.
    Great point DarkShadow. I used to live in Colorado Springs and had access to places like Estes Park.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12