Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 1st time to Lake Perris

Default 1st time to Lake Perris

New member, 1st time poster. I have not been to Perris and am thinking of going next week for bass. Tips and suggestions please

Quote Originally Posted by Johnd1950 View Post
    New member, 1st time poster. I have not been to Perris and am thinking of going next week for bass. Tips and suggestions please
    Perris is really good right now. Try a purple worm, ie: Margarita Mutilator or a SENKO in Watermelon Red Fleck or Green Pumpkin Red Fleck.
    Hit the east end of Perris the fish are in the brush / trees and on the beds. Good Luck!

thanks for the tips

I fish LP primarily for the huge Bluegill, so bring along a light outfit w/4 lb test and some small trout tube jigs in white, pink or black. Get some meal worms to put on your jigs. This is just in case the bass don't bite. Even if they do, it's a lot of fun with those chunky scrappers.

Where exactly is the best location to catch them big bluegill?.. I've seen them while fishing for large mouth, but I don't know exactly where the hotspot is...

Good thing you didn't go yesterday. The fishing was really good for panfish last week, surprisingly so. I went last Monday, fished on the little pier at Sail Cove, and caught 5 Bluegills, 3 Redears and a bass. Most of the panfish were large, too. The bass was only about 12 inches, but I wasn't fishing for them. It was cold and rainy, but fish were biting a ways off from shore. I went back yesterday, and had only 2 or 3 bites and missed them. One fish bit and headed straight toward me, but by the time I got the slack out of the line, all I had was a bitten off worm. I think the week of cold weather and rain turned the bite off. It was raining again yesterday. I saw a beautiful rainbow, and lots of wildflowers blooming. I didn't see anybody else catch any, but one fellow said bass, bluegill and trout had been biting in the marina, at least last week. When the weather warms some, the bite should turn back on. The bass might still be biting in the east end though, especially if they are spawning. I don't think the panfish are spawning yet but they are getting close to that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Good thing you didn't go yesterday. The fishing was really good for panfish last week, surprisingly so. I went last Monday, fished on the little pier at Sail Cove, and caught 5 Bluegills, 3 Redears and a bass. Most of the panfish were large, too. The bass was only about 12 inches, but I wasn't fishing for them. It was cold and rainy, but fish were biting a ways off from shore. I went back yesterday, and had only 2 or 3 bites and missed them. One fish bit and headed straight toward me, but by the time I got the slack out of the line, all I had was a bitten off worm. I think the week of cold weather and rain turned the bite off. It was raining again yesterday. I saw a beautiful rainbow, and lots of wildflowers blooming. I didn't see anybody else catch any, but one fellow said bass, bluegill and trout had been biting in the marina, at least last week. When the weather warms some, the bite should turn back on. The bass might still be biting in the east end though, especially if they are spawning. I don't think the panfish are spawning yet but they are getting close to that point.
    Marked quite a few beds on the east side of the island in 8 to 10 feet of water.