Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Big Bear Trout 5/2

Default Big Bear Trout 5/2

Got a few trout at Big Bear Lake this morning. North shore, long leader, early bite. Wind kicked up at 10:45 and bite shut off.

Also a question: Where does the homeowner property line end and shoreline access begin? There are some homeowners with multiple "no trespassing" signs posted from all the way from their house down to the water. I get that people's homes deserve privacy and docks are off limits. But we can still walk the shoreline between the two right?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190502_080709.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	52023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190502_1.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	52022  

If they have a waterfront home the property line extends to the waters edge. The land below the water belongs to BBMWD and the land owners pay a annual fee to have a dock out on the water. The land owners are allowed to extend their docks when the lake level drops during drought years but they can't make any changes to the land.
    Basically other then a couple parks, the south shore is privately owned. Their are some open areas between houses, but those are just lots that haven't been built on yet.

Hi Temp,
    I've been fishing Big Bear Lake for over 40 years. I'm pretty sure the property line for a lakefront house extends only to the "high water mark". If the lake is less than full capacity, you can fish below that "high water mark", even if it's in front of someone's property. Getting access to that area may be a challenge if you need to walk through someone's property (which I wouldn't recommend). There are some areas where there is public access to the shoreline and you can walk from there. Hope that helps.

Below the high water mark is public property.
    When the lake level goes down, the area uncovered and now dry is considered public property. I am not sure how people get there, probably crossing private property, but once they are there, they have the right to be there. Don’t be surprised that when this happens, you start to find some fisherman in front of you home on the lakefront.

https://www.thetimwoodgroup.com/thin...ront-property/

It's sort of a moot point now with the lake coming up dramatically this year. To get to the 4-8 ft of exposed shoreline, you'd either have to be dropped off by a boat, or trespass. Once the homeowner calls SBSD there's a good possibility of a trespass ticket. Not really worth it. North shore has much better shore fishing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
    It's sort of a moot point now with the lake coming up dramatically this year. To get to the 4-8 ft of exposed shoreline, you'd either have to be dropped off by a boat, or trespass. Once the homeowner calls SBSD there's a good possibility of a trespass ticket. Not really worth it. North shore has much better shore fishing anyway.
    There are signs on the North shore too.

South shore I haven't been for many years. But there is excellent fishing there. Google seems to show many lakefront rentals which I would hope give a person water access at least in front of their own property.