Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: April goes out with a thud.

Default April goes out with a thud.

Lately I've been eking out a few stripers here and there. Today was nicely overcast and I was ready for some topwater action. The lake is about full pool for the Solar Cup so not much water coming in at the inlet. No fish there but one pound and a half largemouth on topwater. Trolled all day and finally got a keeper around noon. I fished main-lake tulies with a small topwater and got hit numerous times by juvenile bass. I mean like 1/2 pounders. Windy and rainy most of the day with only 1 keeper striper. Sorry, but that's it.

Thanks for posting I am mostly at Silverwood but would like to get back out to Skinner this summer. Only if I can get off work and go during the week traffic sucks out there during the weekends.
    I only live 25 minutes from Silverwood on the back roads. Thanks again for the updates....

Any word of the stripers pat?

Getting into a transitional thing from spawn to summer. Every fish I catch is still either squirting sperm all over my deck or has eggs. One day I catch 8 and think "great! things are turning around." then a couple days later I get 1 or 2. With the lake at full pool for the Solar cup there was no current at all at the inlet on Tuesday the 14th. That meant no activity there. We left with a few, but took till after noon and covering the whole lake.
    Last edited by P.A.W.; 05-16-2019 at 02:31 PM.