Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4/17

Default 4/17

so I did not go out as planned on Tuesday due to radio forecast of windy conditions ..... when at home the skies were gray with not that much wind I was po'd ..... knew I was missing out on something .... anyway, went out on the next day and experienced the post-front, blue bird sky conditions ..... and it was tougher for me than it had been ..... started at 9 at the recent hot spot -- the east end of the island ..... no luck .... finally got the 1st bite at 1pm .... a nice near 3 lb'er ...... followed by a stud bass .... both in 20 feet in coverless area north of the tree and rockpile spot in the middle of the east end ..... about 3pm I tried the east island area and got a decent one at 15' ..... but still slow, so looked at the dam and Bernesconi area -- nothing ..... heading in, since had to go at 5, I tried the west end of island ..... winds had picked up a lot which seemed to help ..... got a small one and then got broken off by a really nice one ... split-shotting with 6# test, and she took me into a tree and busted off .... got a quick glimpse .... not sure how big, but nice .... and strong ..... would be interested in hearing if anyone had any luck Wednesday .... no one I talked to had gotten anything .... saw lots of fish on graph, but seemed spooky .....

Very much appreciate your report. Trying to get on Perris, or anywhere, but "stuff" keeps me home.

Had 12 wednesday, first time at the lake, got one that was 4.7lbs and another one that was 7..

Thanks for the report halo, sucks about the lost toad but unfortunately I’m sure it won’t be the last lol. With as much as your going, I’m sure you’ll stick a pig soon. At least we got a good read out of it. Thanks for the detailed report. Anybody see any carp up in the shallows spawning yet? Sounds like they pushed deeper

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Anybody see any carp up in the shallows spawning yet? Sounds like they pushed deeper
    I'm not sure what's up with the carp this year. I haven't seen them doing their thing yet, it's almost like they know they got targets on their backs this year. I'm pretty sure they'd already spawned by now last year. It's impossible to miss the carp spawn when it's in action so I'd imagine they're holding off for some reason or another. I kayak fish and always look down into the water while I'm retrieving my lures and have seen very few carp roaming around this year so far. I did have a nice sized one check out my yak twice on my last outing on the 17th. I saw a bright orange one roaming around some trees in the southeastern section of the lake. I saw a few more roaming around in the trees in the southeastern corner of the lake. A few jumpers here and there. When I launched that morning it looked like there was a school of them slowly swimming to the right of the PWC launch ramp towards the point.

I'm debating on if I want to go out again tomorrow still. If I go I'll let you know what I see.
    Last edited by kenmitch; 04-22-2019 at 06:57 AM.

well done, d/c ......any particulars you'd care to share with the viewers ? ......

Ken, I hit Elsinore last Wednesday and the spawn there is very late. I only managed four fish where I usually have 40-60 this time of year. I surmise it's a combination of high water levels and seriously fluctuating temps. When the spawn happens it should be good. You have a good understanding of what carp hunters are looking for. Most conventional fisherman will say that the carp are everywhere because they see four or five fish not knowing that a good day for us is 200-300 lbs. Keep us posted on activity it really appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by kenmitch View Post
    I'm not sure what's up with the carp this year. I haven't seen them doing their thing yet, it's almost like they know they got targets on their backs this year. I'm pretty sure they'd already spawned by now last year. It's impossible to miss the carp spawn when it's in action so I'd imagine they're holding off for some reason or another. I kayak fish and always look down into the water while I'm retrieving my lures and have seen very few carp roaming around this year so far. I did have a nice sized one check out my yak twice on my last outing on the 17th. I saw a bright orange one roaming around some trees in the southeastern section of the lake. I saw a few more roaming around in the trees in the southeastern corner of the lake. A few jumpers here and there. When I launched that morning it looked like there was a school of them slowly swimming to the right of the PWC launch ramp towards the point.

I'm debating on if I want to go out again tomorrow still. If I go I'll let you know what I see.
    Ditto on what mike said ken, I couldn’t have said it any better myself. What I can can say is thank you and everyone else for keeping us updated with recent reports and carp activity. I myself am 3 hours away round trip and would hate to take the kayak and bow out only to see 1 or 2 fish, or none at all for that matter. It will be my first time shooting off the yak, and I’m afraid I may need more than 1 or 2 shots to stick one lol. Thanks again for taking the time.
    Last edited by Piss on Myspace; 04-23-2019 at 11:59 AM.