Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: conditions

Default conditions

is the lake level still low? went for the past 2 weeks and it has dropped lower and lower

Still low, haven’t heard the reason.

Super low and making it difficult to spawn. Beds completely out of water and low visibility with all the dead algae. Had a monster blowup on the punker off the yak 4/19 but didn’t stick..Tons of carp in cleghorn tho, just wish they allowed bowfishing! May have to switch tactics and do a lil flyfishing for the carp

looking for a place to go this sunday. was thinking big bear or silverwood. do not understand lake level if drought declared over

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    looking for a place to go this sunday. was thinking big bear or silverwood. do not understand lake level if drought declared over
    We are heading to the Lake Silverwood docks tomorrow. Last week the small Stripers were hitting pretty good off of them!

Quote Originally Posted by TTT View Post
    is the lake level still low? went for the past 2 weeks and it has dropped lower and lower
    Sent a lot of water to dvl perris.. snow will start melting and creeks are gona start rushing in..
    They stopped dropping the water now,, still low.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencecode View Post
    Sent a lot of water to dvl perris.. snow will start melting and creeks are gona start rushing in..
    They stopped dropping the water now,, still low.
    Not sure if they sent water to Perris. Perris has seen a similar drop. 4-5 ft. in the last couple of months.

I fished a Cast-4-Kids Event at Silverwood on Saturday, April 27th and I asked the Ranger why the lake was down so much. The Ranger told me that they were preparing for the snow melt run off. I think they are being over optimistic about how much run off they are going to get. Maybe I am wrong.

Went today got 5 stripers and 1 cat water is low fished from 7:00 till a round
    10:30 then the wind kicked up. All on chovies.