Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: I lost a big trout today - Footage captured

Default I lost a big trout today - Footage captured

Video footage can be seen here - https://youtu.be/zeUwWHuPzkc

I bet everyone has a cool story they can share about a good fish that they have recently lost. I just missed out on catching a very large trout today which I managed to capture on my GoPro. I cast my metal lure out and a few seconds later the trout hit it really hard. I battled it for a few minutes, with some intense moments as the trout continually leapt out of the water and then it finally spat the hook only meters away from me.

I landed one about the same size last year which managed to get me on the cover of a fishing mag, Clearly, I was shattered. That feeling when you lose a big fish, and how you relive those last moments over and over in your head, and what you could have done differently.

Again, I bet many here have great stories they can share.

If you enjoy the video footage, then please subscribe to the channel

Yup,I know that feeling and I know you’re pain,I too have lost a trophy trout,we were at Cachuma Lake and I tied on a new hard bait,looked like a minnow.
    I only cast to straighten out my line and a trout immediately inhaled it,I got one or two cranks on it and it leaped out of the water,it kind of greyhounded as it didn’t jump vertically it was more horizontally,it was about 3-4ft above the surface of the water.
    We were in a boat and at the top of his leap his colors were gleaming in the sun,and it actually looked like we could see the water dripping off him,then as if in slow motion,he turns his head on one of his shakes and spits the hook right at us! We laughed and kept describing the event to each other the rest of the day.

Cya Tuna Vic

Great Vid! Sorry about the lost trout - know how you feel but at least you got the video to share. Good job!