Guys,

From a fellow fly angler from another board:

Hi All,

For those who aren't aware, the Cal Dept of Fish and Wildlife is proposing a sweeping new raft of "simplified" fishing regulations that will affect EVERY body of trout water in the entire state.

CA is a big state, and I only am familiar with some of it's waters, but the proposed regs almost uniformly extend the season, increase bag limits, and reduce or remove gear restrictions altogether on these waters.

After so many decades of working with the angling community with the goal of protecting our trout fisheries, the DFW now wants to "simplify" things which in almost every case will likely result in hurting the fisheries.

This is really a big deal.

My local fly fishing club studied the proposed regs and intended to comment on all of them, but there are so many ways the proposed regs hurt all of our fisheries, and we have so many fisheries in CA, that the club's official position is now that it simply opposes all of the proposed regs.

I really have no idea why the DFW want to do this; making the regs simpler certainly won't stop some people from continuing to ignore them, if that's what they're inclined to do.

The DFW has finished its public meetings on this topic, however the window is still open for a short time only to write to the DFW to provide them feedback.

Please, take a few moments to write your comments to the DFW!

You can download and read the proposed regs, and how they will affect the fisheries you are familiar with, and also comment on them to the DFW here:

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/fishing/..._y1zLQlZvKYeAY

Also, Roger Bloom is the DFW's point person on this proposal, pleased also write to him in person at:

Roger.Bloom@wildlife.ca.gov

Every email counts!
So many anglers who love native/wild trout fishing in our state on this site, and I would love to know your thoughts.

And of course, we have our resident DFW biologists who may be able to have some input on why these new regulations have been proposed, and why the ultimate end game is for them to be enacted.