Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  RUNCL   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 4/13

  1. #1

    Default 4/13

    Fished Saturday and gotta few clones 1-2#. Nothing worth photos. All on plastics around the east end.
    On another note. We had a guy and his wife come in right over the shoreline we had been working on the trolling motor looking for beds completely wrecking our productive spot. They then stopped no more than 30 feet from us ignoring us, then when we got fed up and went to move down from them, the *****?@& motors around us and starts wrecking that shoreline as well. Needless to say, once they were within earshot they may have overheard some choice descriptions of their behavior. Who does that crap when there’s miles of shoreline?
    Sorry for the rant, but it’s beyond irritating when we go out of our way to give people room.
    Last edited by Brent; 04-15-2019 at 10:14 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Beaumont, CA
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Brent,

    I agree with your analysis of the guys fishing etiquette. All out for himself, screw everybody else! We don't need people like that on the water!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hemet
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    Good to hear from you again, Brent. Perris is looking great these days...but, umm urgh, my catches havent been quite so great these days. Im the clone and undersized bass master. Oh well, i need to relearn the lake and up my game.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Fished Saturday and gotta few clones 1-2#. Nothing worth photos. All on plastics around the east end.
    On another note. We had a guy and his wife come in right over the shoreline we had been working on the trolling motor looking for beds completely wrecking our productive spot. They then stopped no more than 30 feet from us ignoring us, then when we got fed up and went to move down from them, the *****?@& motors around us and starts wrecking that shoreline as well. Needless to say, once they were within earshot they may have overheard some choice descriptions of their behavior. Who does that crap when there’s miles of shoreline?
    Sorry for the rant, but it’s beyond irritating when we go out of our way to give people room.
    I agree with you 100% on the fishing etiquette. I have been very disappointed with Perris in that regard. I say if you're in casting distance of the other boat you're too close. Perris is no longer the small lake where that was the norm. We have had fisherman of ll ages come within 10 feet of our boat. I'm surprised that some of the older folk such a s myself, don't know any better. My 29 year old son will let me know if we're too close. I have no problem letting them know, and I will cast directly toward them. On a positive note, it's very exciting what Perris has become. It has fished tougher for us this year, as we are trying to figure the new lake out. We have our good and bad days. We are out there every weekend in our red and white Triton Tr21. Camping this weekend. Any of you here say hi if you see us. Mark x 2!

  5. #5

    Default

    Last couple of times I went to Perris, there were boats EVERYWHERE. You are going to be close to someone no matter where you fish. And if you are cruising down the shoreline, you and other boats will be weaving around each other. Especially when bed fishing is going on. Why get upset? I talk to most of them as we are passing each other. Perris is still tiny.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Last couple of times I went to Perris, there were boats EVERYWHERE. You are going to be close to someone no matter where you fish. And if you are cruising down the shoreline, you and other boats will be weaving around each other. Especially when bed fishing is going on. Why get upset? I talk to most of them as we are passing each other. Perris is still tiny.
    I go well around anybody when passing. I don't bed fish so that isn't an issue for me. I also talk to others, but that's usually in passing or at a reasonable distance. Perris is big enough that you don't have to infringe on others space.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Apple Valley,CA.
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    I go well around anybody when passing. I don't bed fish so that isn't an issue for me. I also talk to others, but that's usually in passing or at a reasonable distance. Perris is big enough that you don't have to infringe on others space.
    That's true but now a days most people do not know or care about fishing or boating etiquette they do what they want when then want to. Sad but to many rats in a small cage now.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MillsapBoyz View Post
    I go well around anybody when passing. I don't bed fish so that isn't an issue for me. I also talk to others, but that's usually in passing or at a reasonable distance. Perris is big enough that you don't have to infringe on others space.
    That’s exactly what I say!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Good to hear from you again, Brent. Perris is looking great these days...but, umm urgh, my catches havent been quite so great these days. Im the clone and undersized bass master. Oh well, i need to relearn the lake and up my game.
    You as well Rod
    I hope you’re doing well
    I’ve just started back fishing kind of sort of regularly due to work.
    Ive found that you keep throwing back the small ones and eventually you’ll hang a bigger one. I’ll take steady catching on the small ones in between over nothing any day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hemet
    Posts
    1,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    You as well Rod
    I hope you’re doing well
    I’ve just started back fishing kind of sort of regularly due to work.
    Ive found that you keep throwing back the small ones and eventually you’ll hang a bigger one. I’ll take steady catching on the small ones in between over nothing any day.
    Brent...as the old adage goes, "Many a good fisherman has been ruined by a wife and a steady job". Im guilty on both counts. Back when i was younger, single, and working only part time I could fish with the best of them. Now a days.......................I dam near get skunked at "Long John silvers" when i order the Fishermans plate
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-17-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •