Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Puddingstone fishing advisory lifted

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Puddingstone fishing advisory lifted

Went to Puddingstone this weekend and at the entrance of Sailboat cove I saw a sign posted that said fish advisory has been lifted and stocking will resume in the fall. I think they are going to stock trout again.

I hope so its been a long time.

What was the original hold up?

That used to be such a great local lake!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by B@$$[P][M][P] View Post
    What was the original hold up?
    LA County Dept of Health posted signs advising anglers not to eat any fish caught out of the lake...even perfectly safe hatchery trout. Since they would not take the signs down, CDFW quit planting trout there. Signage removed = trout plants resumed.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    LA County Dept of Health posted signs advising anglers not to eat any fish caught out of the lake...even perfectly safe hatchery trout. Since they would not take the signs down, CDFW quit planting trout there. Signage removed = trout plants resumed.
    I thought part of the problem was that Puddingstone dumped into native steelhead streams and they had to stop stocking because of the possibility of stocked trout getting into the streams (even though there no longer are any steelhead present).

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    I thought part of the problem was that Puddingstone dumped into native steelhead streams and they had to stop stocking because of the possibility of stocked trout getting into the streams (even though there no longer are any steelhead present).
    Not at all

Is Puddingstone still a hard lake to fish? I have thought about checking it out but have heard it is tough.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    Since they would not take the signs down, CDFW quit planting trout there...even perfectly safe hatchery trout.
    Even after DFW advised LACDH that stocked trout would be perfectly safe and that stocking should continue?

Looks like they have been stocking Puddingstone with trout again. I generally don't fish for trout by I might take my 3 1/2 year old son out. Will be great to see some life around the lake in the winter.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishPlants/De...+Lake&time=All