Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puddingstone fishing advisory lifted

Looks like they have been stocking Puddingstone with trout again. I generally don't fish for trout by I might take my 3 1/2 year old son out. Will be great to see some life around the lake in the winter.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishPlants/De...+Lake&time=All

Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    Looks like they have been stocking Puddingstone with trout again. I generally don't fish for trout by I might take my 3 1/2 year old son out. Will be great to see some life around the lake in the winter.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FishPlants/De...+Lake&time=All

Anybody know if the stocking of trout still consists of 2 scoops per lake when it comes from the DFW?

It's like Raisin Bran.

Hey at least it is a start hope you and your son get some that would be great if you go...

We live across the street from Puddingstone and I have stopped by a couple of times to see if any of the trout allegedly planted twice in December according to CDFW, but no one seems to be catching any.
    Anyone know anything different?

The trout are there. Went bass fishing and caught a trout. Attacked a 4.3" jerkbait lol. Nice looking for a stocker. I was getting quite a few hits on the jerkbait but wasn't hooking up. I going to assume they were trout. Didn't see anyone at the lake fishing for them. Watched a bird catch one too. Might have to bring the Hudd's out next time.

I just found the following publication with health advisories on eating fish from Puddingstone. The bottom line is that there are no more "do not consume" advisories for Puddingstone. Consumption is basically unlimited for sunfish, 1-2 servings per week for bass depending on age and gender, and 1 for carp. I saw no mention of trout or crappie, but I think trout is basically unlimited consumption and crappie would be somewhere between sunfish and bass. This is basically good news for people who fish Puddingstone and like to eat fish.

https://oehha.ca.gov/media/downloads...port012219.pdf

The closure was due to heavy metals entering the lake from upstream manufacturing companies that generated toxic wastes that migrated into the creek feeding the lake and contaminated the fish. Those companies are long gone but their toxic legacies impacted the fishery. The longer fish remain in the lake, the more they are affected. Since planted trout rarely survive the summer, they are not exposed to the chemicals long term and are the least impacted.

Eating fish from the Pudd is
    Like eating Tom Cod fishing from the
    Rocks next to the Queen Mary!

Your choice:

CM

Quote Originally Posted by crappiemike View Post
    Eating fish from the Pudd is
    Like eating Tom Cod fishing from the
    Rocks next to the Queen Mary!

If you really want to eat some fish, can't you go to your local market and get yourself a pound of tilapia?

Methinks it'll be less expensive than the parking fee at Puddingstone.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

If you really want to eat some fish, can't you go to your local market and get yourself a pound of tilapia?

Methinks it'll be less expensive than the parking fee at Puddingstone.

Your 100 percent right! Lol.
    I’ve fished the pudd this year
    Around 8 time’s , I guess they
    Like the flavor......

CM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12