Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: signs everywhere lake perris is coming back

Quote Originally Posted by augnmike View Post
    You guys are killing me with the one liners. But out of respect for bird afficionados I will refrain.
    Augnmike...you think thats funny yoy outta see my stand up routine. But seriously, just watch what you wish for. One duck at perris has been boarding boats looking for handouts....he aint shy
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-08-2019 at 06:54 PM.

I appreciate the warning on the hungry Daffy

HuskerRod are you the one that had a story about leaving the lake by rangers when you had a huge Flathead on. Then had to have to pay a huge ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
    HuskerRod are you the one that had a story about leaving the lake by rangers when you had a huge Flathead on. Then had to have to pay a huge ticket?
    Sodapop.....regretfully that was me and that story still comes up from time to time. Generally, after I see someone in society commit a violent crime, theft, or robbery and they get off easier then i did. The fine was over $300 bucks, but i did go back to the same spot the following week and catch the same catfish with my hook from the week before still in the corner of his mouth. I let the big guy go, but thought about keeping it to try to earn back some of that $300 plus bucks that fish caught me. I figure a good 20 meals worth of meat, which runs about $10 a meal at Long John Silvers. I could have earned back a couple hundred bucks in do it yourself meals minus the hush puppies.

Default Will the holdover trout fishery come back?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Really encouraged what I'm seeing at Lake Perris these days. Plenty of cover shallow and deep in the east end. in areas that were once mud there is now deep tree lines, rock piles. etc. Even saw where in a ABA tourni their was a five fish bag of 34 pounds weighed in. With a few good spawns under its belt im encouraged to see what this lake becomes. Also in the biggest shocker I saw an honest to God Loon, as in a bird I've never seen anywhere but Minnesota, swimming by in the shallows. Now if that aint a sign of good things, nothing is...a Loon. Next im expecting to hook a good old spotted bass. Anybody have any info on the Tommie Thompson tourni and how the kids did???
    Good to hear Perris is coming back after the dam construction and recovering water levels. There's one area that I wish would come back from the good 'ol days and that's the great holdover trout fishery. After the lake opened in 1973 there was a terrific trout fishery through the 90's. I fly fished for beautiful, huge 3-4 lb, full-finned trout, surfacing for insects during mornings in the spring months. When the sun came up they would go deeper and hit trolled lures. I know stripers put the kabosh on the holdover trout fishery throughout SoCal, but I can only hope for those days again. Just like Castaic, Silverwood, and more recently DVL, those days are but a parting memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobigal View Post
    Good to hear Perris is coming back after the dam construction and recovering water levels. There's one area that I wish would come back from the good 'ol days and that's the great holdover trout fishery. After the lake opened in 1973 there was a terrific trout fishery through the 90's. I fly fished for beautiful, huge 3-4 lb, full-finned trout, surfacing for insects during mornings in the spring months. When the sun came up they would go deeper and hit trolled lures. I know stripers put the kabosh on the holdover trout fishery throughout SoCal, but I can only hope for those days again. Just like Castaic, Silverwood, and more recently DVL, those days are but a parting memory.
    Oh geez..holdovers at perris? wow.......I did once in early summer about 10-years ago find a beautiful full finned 4-5 pounders laying dead on shore at perris. Probably the last holdover.....RIP...

Sodapop.....regretfully that was me and that story still comes up from time to time.
    Too bad the judge wasn't a fisherperson, Rod. You could've worked that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Too bad the judge wasn't a fisherperson, Rod. You could've worked that angle.
    I thought about asking for a night or two in jail versus the $350 fine. Imagine the jail conversations. Me to an inmate, " what are you in for?" Inmate,"distributing drugs, resisting arrest, parole violations". Inmate to me,"What are you in for?" Me," fishing 15 minutes beyond lake closing time". Im sure the inmates would have ending up on the ground in hyzterical laughter.

I thought about asking for a night or two in jail versus the $350 fine. Imagine the jail conversations. Me to an inmate, " what are you in for?" Inmate,"distributing drugs, resisting arrest, parole violations". Inmate to me,"What are you in for?" Me," fishing 15 minutes beyond lake closing time". Im sure the inmates would have ending up on the ground in hyzterical laughter.
    That is funny, you have an awesome story to tell people

Thanks for this post. Probably a bit OT but is Perris a good lake to shore fish for panfish? Not a bass guys so I won't know what to do if I was chasing bass. I ask because I have a friend at church who picked up some ultralight rigs for a trip this coming October in the Sierras. He asked me to help him learn how to use his rigs and hook some fish so I figure maybe chase some panfish or anything that is plentiful just so he knows what it feels like with his rig.

Would Perris be good for that? I ask about Perris because he lives not far away from Perris.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast