Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: signs everywhere lake perris is coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Thanks for this post. Probably a bit OT but is Perris a good lake to shore fish for panfish? Not a bass guys so I won't know what to do if I was chasing bass. I ask because I have a friend at church who picked up some ultralight rigs for a trip this coming October in the Sierras. He asked me to help him learn how to use his rigs and hook some fish so I figure maybe chase some panfish or anything that is plentiful just so he knows what it feels like with his rig.

Would Perris be good for that? I ask about Perris because he lives not far away from Perris.

Thanks.
    Certain times of year you can get bluegills from the shore. Look for brush and you got bluegills. The best time of year for gills is just happening on us now.

sucks about the ticket buddy, at least you got your revenge. Thats not the kinda fish story we're after.

Anybody our there lately seeing any carp cruising the shallows yet? anybody have a current water temp?

Cheers!!

Was there today. Carp definitely in shallows. Try Rock climbers first but they are everywhere. Couldn’t get the bass to cooperate today. Saw very few bed fish and those that were there were small males. Water in the 63-64 degree range. Not sure if it was a tough day or just tough for me. Tried the tree lines with creature baits, drops shot and senkos. 15-20 foot thinking the females pulled off the beds. Lake was packed with anglers (for a Thursday I was surprised)

Quote Originally Posted by FishinTheIE View Post
    Was there today. Carp definitely in shallows. Try Rock climbers first but they are everywhere. Couldn’t get the bass to cooperate today. Saw very few bed fish and those that were there were small males. Water in the 63-64 degree range. Not sure if it was a tough day or just tough for me. Tried the tree lines with creature baits, drops shot and senkos. 15-20 foot thinking the females pulled off the beds. Lake was packed with anglers (for a Thursday I was surprised)
    your assessment of the situation sounds about right compared to what I saw last week .... surprised the senkos in the trees didn't work ..... maybe try jerkbait over the trees or "swimming" a splitshot around and thru the trees ...... (no guarantees ) ....

FishintheIE I will be there tomorrow sticking carp hopefully. Where is Rock Climbers locates? We will be hitting the entire legal shooting area from the trees N/E to almost Bernasconi

Quote Originally Posted by augnmike View Post
    FishintheIE I will be there tomorrow sticking carp hopefully. Where is Rock Climbers locates? We will be hitting the entire legal shooting area from the trees N/E to almost Bernasconi
    We saw schools of carp around the small island in the east end. About 6-8 ft. deep.

Rock climbers cove is near the outlet bouy line (SW corner of lake). Good luck

Thanks Halo. Will try that. I Gave the Vision 110 a few casts but didn’t stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by augnmike View Post
    That bow fishing carp looks great. It is sort of fishing and hunting all in one. Be awesome if DVL allowed that..crystal clear and submarines over there and a lot of them/.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast