Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: signs everywhere lake perris is coming back

Default signs everywhere lake perris is coming back

Really encouraged what I'm seeing at Lake Perris these days. Plenty of cover shallow and deep in the east end. in areas that were once mud there is now deep tree lines, rock piles. etc. Even saw where in a ABA tourni their was a five fish bag of 34 pounds weighed in. With a few good spawns under its belt im encouraged to see what this lake becomes. Also in the biggest shocker I saw an honest to God Loon, as in a bird I've never seen anywhere but Minnesota, swimming by in the shallows. Now if that aint a sign of good things, nothing is...a Loon. Next im expecting to hook a good old spotted bass. Anybody have any info on the Tommie Thompson tourni and how the kids did???
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 04-07-2019 at 12:07 PM.

HuskerRod.. Whenever I go out there at LP, we like to count the different bird species we see as we fish. 2 weeks ago we counted 10 different birds, including a Pacific Loon, which I've seen before at the lake. I love seeing when two Western Grebes do their "rushing" or running across the water for almost 100 feet then dive underwater. Pretty cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    HuskerRod.. Whenever I go out there at LP, we like to count the different bird species we see as we fish. 2 weeks ago we counted 10 different birds, including a Pacific Loon, which I've seen before at the lake. I love seeing when two Western Grebes do their "rushing" or running across the water for almost 100 feet then dive underwater. Pretty cool to see.
    Cool Jeff I love those birds to, Feeling much better after my hospital stay with Pneumonia and Sepsis. Thanks for the PM Jeff Be back soon.

Who could have imagined, seeing Loons in California (sorry couldn't resist)

That sounds pretty cool,inspires me to make a trip out that way,it’s been awhile!

Cya Tuna Vic

Quote Originally Posted by augnmike View Post
    Who could have imagined, seeing Loons in California (sorry couldn't resist)
    Lol...even when the water was low at perris and all seemed lost the place was full of loons...the human kind. They were usually on jet skis going the wrong way around the lake, or not adhering to speed limits, or in restricted areas.

Quote Originally Posted by TUNAVIC View Post
    That sounds pretty cool,inspires me to make a trip out that way,it’s been awhile!

Cya Tuna Vic
    Tuna Vic......it was pretty impressive and it will only get better. with the 2024 olympics doing rowing at Perris they will really get the place spiffy in the upcoming years.

I've seen an arctic loon and blue-footed booby on Lake Skinner on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    You guys are killing me with the one liners. But out of respect for bird afficionados I will refrain.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post

Kwin...I call your loon and blue footed booby and raise you one flat billed duck

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast