Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mar 26th .....

Default Mar 26th .....

Just a quick report (since there are hardly any given here anymore, it seems) about what I saw .... the water has warmed a lot since my last trip about 3 weeks ago .... up to 60º in the A.M. and warming to mid 60's in the afternoon .... the fish are spawning in about 5' of water .... saw many empty beds, several with males on guard, and some where the male and female were getting down to business ..... obviously, they are catchable -- just get them back in quickly and they'll return to their guard duty ..... good luck !! .... oh, there are biting fish just off the bank in 10 or so feet, too ....

Thanks for the report HP...did you happen to see any carp stirring around?

none around the beds, luckily, but they were cavorting as usual out on the lake ..... r u a bowhunter? ....

POMS read my mind, looking for reports on carp activity. You guys catch and release the bass we will kill and keep the carp for you. Carp should be cruising the lake getting ready to spawn. They trigger their spawn at around 63 degrees consistent temps.

Name:  small.png
Views: 426
Size:  2.2 KB I'm good with that !!

Yes indeed HP....thanks for the response. I'll be out on the orange yak this year. Any word on the water temp?

Mike....lets get ready to rumble lol