Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris water level is going down

Default Perris water level is going down

For whatever reason the water level is dropping fairly fast at Perris. In the last few weeks, it's almost gone down 3 to 4 feet. The spawning bass and panfish nests are going to be high and dry soon. Why is this happening? Is the new back to the dam not doing it's job? I sent a message to the Lake Perris Marina, but they probably don't know either..

Wow. I thought the lake was supposed to finally be completely full this spring. That's not good news for fisher people.

The Colorado River Aqueduct has been down for work since 3/4. Started back up this week. I am sure it has been a drain on water resources for most of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    For whatever reason the water level is dropping fairly fast at Perris. In the last few weeks, it's almost gone down 3 to 4 feet. The spawning bass and panfish nests are going to be high and dry soon. Why is this happening? Is the new back to the dam not doing it's job? I sent a message to the Lake Perris Marina, but they probably don't know either..
    Water is slowly coming in and should be stable to s-l-o-w-l-y increasing over the next week. The fish will spawn successfully this spring and everything will be fine.

kwin.. Why did the water level drop so quickly in the first place? Back in early March, the weather was not that hot. There should not have been that much evaporation to bring the lake down 3 feet in less than a month...

A lot of thirsty people out in the desert... hopefully the water level fluctuation won't effect the spawn too much.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    kwin.. Why did the water level drop so quickly in the first place? Back in early March, the weather was not that hot. There should not have been that much evaporation to bring the lake down 3 feet in less than a month...
    you'd have to ask MWD or DWR. I have no idea why.