Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Traditional Chinese Steamed Fish!

Default Traditional Chinese Steamed Fish!

Use This Recipe To "WOW" Your Friends!

In Hawaii Pacific Threadfin, known locally as Moi is a much sought after shoreline species. This was the fish of Royalty in Hawaii. In ancient times Moi was only reserved for royalty, no "commoner" could eat this tasty fish. It was Kapu "forbidden" to do so. Today it is still a much sought after shoreline saltwater species.

So when i get a Moi i considered it a crime to simply fan fry it. So i texted my buddy Chef Charlie who took on the challenge on making all of us dinner with this as the premiere course. I've done this in the past myself but Charlie knew the process in detail & the reasons why. So he agreed to steam the Moi in traditional Chinese style. The flavors were locked-in at the end & it was the first dish that disappeared. My thanks goes out to Charlie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSSTXfNOkGc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	51944  

Looks excellent, thank you for sharing the video!

TD

I find the cilantro gives it that zing! It may be a bit much in preparation but it's inexpensive to make & the flavor is beyond imagination!