Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVL Stock Tues (3/26) or Thurs (3/28)?

Quote Originally Posted by karlow View Post
    Some one must have gone out!
    It's a tough bite! I've been out twice this year chasing the DVL trout stocks. A few people get them, most people get skunked! That's why no reports!

Or it could be that some want to keep a good thing a bit of a secret. I suppose it depends on whether one does well or not at DVL.... Those who get skunked have nothing to report. Those who do well want to keep it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Or it could be that some want to keep a good thing a bit of a secret. I suppose it depends on whether one does well or not at DVL.... Those who get skunked have nothing to report. Those who do well want to keep it a secret.
    I've been there 3 times right after they stock and here's the secret. Get there 10 hours in line before they open and get the best spot in the lake by the Marina if your on shore. If you are in a boat, the same 10 hours in line and park your boat on the closest spot you can fish by the Marina on the left side. (that's the only thing that's a guarantee) Now there is the Luck factor! This happened last month but it probably happens to someone every time. A group of trout swam to the left in a small cove and a few guy's got them! Does that happen every time? No that's just luck! Going to a lake like Wohlford is the way to go! You can almost guarantee good fishing a day or two or three or four after every plant from a boat.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-02-2019 at 01:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12