Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 8,9,10 at havasu

Default 8,9,10 at havasu

I fished Lake Havasu this past weekend and enjoyed my time there. The fishing was not red hot, but I managed a few nice smallmouth and largemouth bass. The majority of my fish were on drop shot baits. Jerk baits on wind blown rocky points on Saturday was also a pretty good bite. That kind of fishing is a work out for sure, but the rewards are there. This weekend should be better for those heading that way.

Thanks for the report love Havasu updates I fish for the stripers but like to hear any reports from Havasu.

I was out there the 7th-9th and I agree fishing was a little tougher than I would have hoped but still had so good fish. I had luck on a drop shot, jerk bait and a square bill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0891.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	51934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	51935   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	51936  

Fished Havasu area on the 13, 14, and 15th from shore. Managed 7 stripers that were about 4-5# range. Lost count on all the dinks we caught and released. Saw a pair of nice smallmouth that were caught on live bait by another angler. I didn't fish my usual spots. This was a family trip so I didn't fish hard like I normally do. Found a couple of nice new spots for the next trip where I can back up my truck to the waters edge and fish all night. Looks promising for cats too. Cut chovies was the ticket for me, carolina rigged with a #2 owner hook... I opened up mr stripey when I got home and they were full of shad, cut chovies and crawfish. These guys are eating good in Havasu because they were some of the fattest i've seen in a while. Good luck if you guys head out there. It was windy and in the 60's during the day, 40's at night. Bundle up.

jag, Thanks for the report love fishing Havasu glad to hear the stripers are finally in good shape might be up there in April and do some fishing myself. Thanks again.....

Nice job Guys! I may be up there in April too! Thanks for the report

My Buddy and I are heading out tomorrow afternoon. We start fishing when we get there around 7pm all night till around noon on Friday.We do great night fishing in April, never tried in March. Will be there till Sunday will post when I get b ack

Quote Originally Posted by blufinhker View Post
    We do great night fishing in April, never tried in March.
    What species are you targeting at night?