Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guides?

Default Guides?

Hello all,

I've been wanting to get on on the water a little more and primarily fished castaic. But have been skunked almost every single time. It gets discouraging so I always go back to old faithful the good ol' Santa Monica coast line. I believe I've only pulled one LMB out of that lake in probably 6 years. Every time I was on a rental and going off what I think I knew. All that being said I'm looking for a guide that can help put me on some bass. Does anyone have any reccomendations? I appreciate any and all help thanks for reading.

-N2F

I have been out a few times with Pete Marino on Perris and DVL, last time was with my son and Pete has always been great. I would give him a call and see if you can get something set up.

call Bob Caffee, he is a member here and he knows Castaic and others.

Quote Originally Posted by srsnow View Post
    I have been out a few times with Pete Marino on Perris and DVL, last time was with my son and Pete has always been great. I would give him a call and see if you can get something set up.
    Thanks for the heads up I appreciate it I will have to look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
    I hear you on that he was my first thought I've always wanted to get on the lake with him. I noticed he doesn't have his website up anymore and the forum doesn't have his advertisement anymore so I'm not sure if he is still in the business and don't have a way to contact him. I tried emailing him from the only email I know of but haven't received a response I'm sure he is a busy man. I hope to hear from him soon.

Try contacting him through fb,,,,hope all is well with him. Good guy and a wealth of knowledge.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.caffey

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    Try contacting him through fb,,,,hope all is well with him. Good guy and a wealth of knowledge.

https://www.facebook.com/bob.caffey
    I don't know why I didn't think about looking him up that way thanks a lot for the link I appreciate it I'll give that a shot

Quote Originally Posted by newb2fishing View Post
    I hear you on that he was my first thought I've always wanted to get on the lake with him. I noticed he doesn't have his website up anymore and the forum doesn't have his advertisement anymore so I'm not sure if he is still in the business and don't have a way to contact him. I tried emailing him from the only email I know of but haven't received a response I'm sure he is a busy man. I hope to hear from him soon.
    https://www.petemarinoguideservice.com/

Just spoke with him last night. Was hoping to head out with him for my 40th. I just don't quite have the cash to make a trip happen right now. But will hopefully in the near future. He's a great option for ya...

The most unusual guide I ever read about on here was a gentlemen who fished Castaic Lagoon. He fished with bait for Trophy LMB in the late spring. Is that something you would be interested in??? I know bait fishing isn't very glamorous, but we are talking #7-8 pound LMB on a regular basis by tourist kinda fishermen. I just thought I would throw that out there!

Quote Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
    Are you chasing largemouth/smallmouth?

Beacause if I want to master the umbrella rig, I'll call Bob. Don't think i wanna spend money for someone to teach me how to drag baits behind my boat until I find a school of stripers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast