Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dvl 3/10

Default Dvl 3/10

Not sure why nobody is posting, I am not shy I will go.
    This was our first fishing trip of the year, we set out expectations on the
    low side at 2 fish a piece. Over cast day, no wind water temp was 56.8 in
    most places. My buddy hooks up first with a nice 2lb Smalley for the First
    fish of the New Year. Most fish were caught 18-20 ft did see a few free swimmers
    up shallow. Off the lake @ 2:00 I caught 4 fish biggest went 3lbs, my buddy caught
    6 all in all a great day. All fish were caught using plastics in Grn Pumpkin
    is Always the color of choice. Tight Lines 🐟🐟

no body post cause there is 3 members on line and over 300 quest on line they do not want to add any info. just lurk around for info.

Thanks for the post. I spoke to the "new" DMV fella at Fred Hall. I asked him to start posting here to let people know what is happening. He said he would, but who knows.

How full is the lake, that is how far the launch walk?

Quote Originally Posted by eah View Post
    Thanks for the post. I spoke to the "new" DMV fella at Fred Hall. I asked him to start posting here to let people know what is happening. He said he would, but who knows.

How full is the lake, that is how far the launch walk?

Was just there at last lighting trout stock. Water is the highest I've seen it since it opened. Easy walk

PSA- I will never fish that lake from shore again. Boat Only!

Thanks for the level report. Did you catch fish?

Quote Originally Posted by blufinhker View Post
    Not sure why nobody is posting, I am not shy I will go.
    This was our first fishing trip of the year, we set out expectations on the
    low side at 2 fish a piece. Over cast day, no wind water temp was 56.8 in
    most places. My buddy hooks up first with a nice 2lb Smalley for the First
    fish of the New Year. Most fish were caught 18-20 ft did see a few free swimmers
    up shallow. Off the lake @ 2:00 I caught 4 fish biggest went 3lbs, my buddy caught
    6 all in all a great day. All fish were caught using plastics in Grn Pumpkin
    is Always the color of choice. Tight Lines 🐟🐟
    Thx for the post. I went Saturday and it was a fun day as well. Water is starting to turn for the better. People are not posting because it’s a big “secret” lol

Thank you for the report..... gonna give it a go on Sunday. I've never fished it with the water this high.

Fished Sunday 3/17, there was a tourny going on but it wasn't too bad. I'd be interested to see what the bag weight was that won. It was pretty slow. Very little wind for the first half of the day, even into the afternoon. It was pretty slow but eventually we found a pattern and we got six keepers (didn't keep them) the biggest just over 5 and a nice Small Mouth. The steeper walls with quick drops were working the best, 7 inch straight robos with the smallest weight possible was working decently. There were some fish on beds already, we left them alone but there were quite a few boats focusing on them because it was slow. Saw a carp that had to be pushing 70 pounds. Thing looked like a Black Sea Bass at first glimpse. All in all nice day on the water but it was all about cast and move, cast and move. There weren't too many on the chew but there were a few. Algae bloom looked like it doubled from morning to afternoon with all that pollen in the air and that hot sun beating down on it. Think DVL is gonna have a nasty one this year. All in all nice day on the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    Fished Sunday 3/17, there was a tourny going on but it wasn't too bad. I'd be interested to see what the bag weight was that won. It was pretty slow.
    This time of year, I'd bet it may be over 30 lb+ for 5 fish.

Yeah I was wondering that. Gotta be a good stick to get a 30 pound bag yesterday! I'm sure you're correct. My bag woulda been #16-#17

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast