Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dvl 3/10

slugs... looks like the glory days of DVL

Not too hard to sack up 30 off beds like the “sticks” there have been doing. And don’t let anyone tell you different because I watched it first hand, broke down and got a 7.10 then looked at myself as to what I was doing and got back to chucking big baits

I saw the numbers and the weight of the Bass caught and what time of the year it was. Ok I agree it wasn't stud fishing! This coming from the "King" of easy breezy fishing! I will admit, I catch easy fish! I catch stocked trout out of the Best trout lake in the southern part of the state. Park catfish and Crappie, LMB and Striped Bass in April and May. I'll admit, "I'm no good!" But I do catch a lot of fish.

Remember that old saying that's say's 10% of the fishermen catch 90% of the fish. Those are stud fishermen who really can catch fish when no one else can! The rest of us mortals the 90%, can only catch easy fish! So when these guy's catch big limits in March, April and May. Well they are not part of the 10% who aren't catching pre, post and spawning fish! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-20-2019 at 09:23 AM.

Thanks for the link shadow. Those were some good bags. It was interesting to watch the guys on the beds, there was one by the rock quarry that 3 boats were revolving around and casting at. Must of been a pretty nice one sitting on that bed. They were catching each other..... not the fish. To each his own who am I to judge.

Wow, winning weight of 31 pounds for 5 bass..pretty amazing. Saw their were 8 bass caught in the tourni over 8 pounds as well...wow again. Imagine a guy that catches a 25 pound bag with a eight pound kicker. He thinks he has the tourni won and big fish...........the cash prize and trophy just a formality. He is ready to go pro. Shows up at the weigh in to see he finished in 12th place or so with the 6th or 7th biggest bass.....no money, no nothing, maybe a participation certificate and a "Atta boy, youll get them next time" from Darkshadow. Leaves the lake with tail between legs....shattered dreams. Of course, the same guy another time brings in a disappointing 15 pound sack with a four pound kicker to find he won the toruni and got big fish. such is life!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12