Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Rock shore ISO float winter Bream fishing in South Korea

Default Rock shore ISO float winter Bream fishing in South Korea

Hello.
    I am Samuel from South Korea.
    This is first post for me, I hope you find this interesting,
    Winter in Korea is really low season for fishing with temperature of around 0 or sometimes under 0.
    With low temperature in and outside water, fish activity becomes quite low as well.
    (From June we can enjoy shore jigging and catch 50cm ~ 1m long size fish then.
    I wish I could share more fishing report about shore jigging when season comes)

Marked place on the map is where I fished.
    This place is called "Sinseondae" the place where shoreline is nice with magnificent rocks.

During this low season, ISO fishing is proven to be more effective than any other fishing here.
    I am not sure if you heard about this type of fishing but simply speaking it is float fishing.
    It is pretty popular type of fishing in Korea.

ISO fishing is being done on rock shores.
    We use Krill for bait but sometimes Bream takes corn, worm or Sea Urchin as well.
    You cannot expect to catch a lot during Winter time with Breams low activity but I had 2 chances.

Here is full story of my fishing in video.
    Thank you for reading and watching.

You can find my other fishing video report below (Some of them are translated into English)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRb...XqLia68980VGFg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1516661_20f9855993c757f5fa09479cd388bb96.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	51906   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1516658_efcd9e7713c86566874244838624e1b7.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	51907   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1516659_f26e35c1d88a37b83003fd101c510a0f.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	51908  
    Last edited by Rockyshore Korea; 02-26-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks for sharing. Winter can be a challenge when its that cold. Great video as well.

That retractable fishing net blew my mind! I wonder if you have any luck with some jigs in that area. By the looks of it, probably a ton of structure on that break wall. Thanks for the video, great job editing.

Thanks for sharing. Winter can be a challenge when its that cold. Great video as well.
    Thank you for reading & watching! I cannot wait for warmer season

Quote Originally Posted by Marky805 View Post
    That retractable fishing net blew my mind! I wonder if you have any luck with some jigs in that area. By the looks of it, probably a ton of structure on that break wall. Thanks for the video, great job editing.
    The rod I am using for ISO fishing is light and thin, we cannot lift the fish.
    Landing net is must and it is pretty much common here.

I have never tired lure fishing with jig but I also felt like there can be rock fish, not sure about size though.
    I will try lure fishing there and share if there is any good result next time.
    Thank you for intent watching