Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  RUNCL   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: (Speakers corner) The high speed train in CA has been cancelled!

  1. #1

    Default (Speakers corner) The high speed train in CA has been cancelled!

    That was probably the worst thing to happen to Republicans here in CA in a long time. Why are you saying that Eric? (speaking in the 3rd person) Because the high speed rail was the Republicans biggest whipping boy on governmental spending in CA. I saw it written so many times, what a waste that is going to be. (used as an Metaphor for Democratic spending) Now what are they going to use???? lol

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hamberders and Covfefe
    Posts
    12,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Now what are they going to use???? lol
    Is that a rhetorical question?

    Give this thread 24 hours and you'll get your answers.

  3. #3

    Default

    It never ceases to amaze me that you guys who claim to be cerebral and one who claims to be a professor but yet don't really have reading comprehension. Please see the link below. Knowing that the public backlash about a project that was going to cost 3X the projected budget this is nothing but a ruse to take the public heat off the project for wasteful spending.
    It has not been squashed, they are continuing with th eproject from central valley to Bakersfield while leaving wide open the likelihood that they will construct the rest of the legs from SF to LA at some point. So now its going to be somewhere in central valley, Modesto or Fresno? to Bakersfield wow what a good use of resources because there's so many people moving from those two destinations. They didn't kibosh anything, this was a pivot because of all the negative press around the project due to cost overrun. Try reading before shooting off at the hip! Come on even your FAKE news NBC is reporting it as such. I thought you guys said you were knowledgeable. Where's that Pin head, I mean pans hot guy with an IQ of 8 with his one word remark.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ngeles-n970851



    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    That was probably the worst thing to happen to Republicans here in CA in a long time. Why are you saying that Eric? (speaking in the 3rd person) Because the high speed rail was the Republicans biggest whipping boy on governmental spending in CA. I saw it written so many times, what a waste that is going to be. (used as an Metaphor for Democratic spending) Now what are they going to use???? lol

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that you guys who claim to be cerebral and one who claims to be a professor but yet don't really have reading comprehension. Please see the link below. Knowing that the public backlash about a project that was going to cost 3X the projected budget this is nothing but a ruse to take the public heat off the project for wasteful spending.
    It has not been squashed, they are continuing with th eproject from central valley to Bakersfield while leaving wide open the likelihood that they will construct the rest of the legs from SF to LA at some point. So now its going to be somewhere in central valley, Modesto or Fresno? to Bakersfield wow what a good use of resources because there's so many people moving from those two destinations. They didn't kibosh anything, this was a pivot because of all the negative press around the project due to cost overrun. Try reading before shooting off at the hip! Come on even your FAKE news NBC is reporting it as such. I thought you guys said you were knowledgeable. Where's that Pin head, I mean pans hot guy with an IQ of 8 with his one word remark.

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ngeles-n970851
    I don't think we will ever see it completed! (why do you say that Eric?) Because when something becomes a joke, it becomes politically untenable! Another example of this happened to one of my favorite politicians, but she became a joke! She is running for President, but she might as well drop out tomorrow! Can you guess who it is??? If you said Pocahontas aka Elizabeth Warner you would be correct! Her and the CA high speed train became a joke that neither one can recover from! Do you get it now Steelhead??? When the psychology of something or someone is ruined they can never come back!

    I've won a ton of sports bet using the same formula! Steelhead, did you see my prediction on the Super Bowl here on FNN? Pretty accurate if you read it! Some Big fish bet millions of dollars on the Rams winning the Super Bowl and lost their arses instead. (they didn't factor in that psychological aspect into their decision making abilities.) They tried to handicap the game and it did look favorable to bet on the Rams. (the Rams never really had a chance or even threaten to win that game!) Too bad they didn't talk to me! For I really am Willie E Coyote Super Genius! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-14-2019 at 03:02 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hamberders and Covfefe
    Posts
    12,023

    Default

    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ngeles-n970851

    Good article. Especially these points:

    California's new governor, Gavin Newsom, sharply scaled back plans to build a high-speed train from San Francisco to Los Angeles on Tuesday, saying the program had been botched and cost too much.
    Wish other politicians would realize that their pet projects are botched and cost too much.

    Newsom said he would proceed with work on a 160-mile stretch in the state's Central Valley where construction is already underway.
    That's like asking for 2000 miles of a border wall, but "negotiating" a deal to do 55 miles of fence instead.

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Where's that Pin head, I mean pans hot guy with an IQ of 8 with his one word remark.
    Since apparently his # of posts match his IQ, they're about 4 more posts from being smarter than you.

  6. #6

    Default

    Wow, here I am being criticized for my response to a post that I had not even replied to. Who is it who has the reading comprehension problem, now?

  7. #7

    Default

    Of course with you being the outlier the more posts you make almost 12K and counting it's just the exact opposite, the more posts you make the more you confirm my suspicion all along. What was it your now banned GF use to say to make her sound intelligent, oh yeah it was non cigarito which is exactly what you're practicing here. What a LOOSA...
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ngeles-n970851

    Good article. Especially these points:



    Wish other politicians would realize that their pet projects are botched and cost too much.



    That's like asking for 2000 miles of a border wall, but "negotiating" a deal to do 55 miles of fence instead.



    Since apparently his # of posts match his IQ, they're about 4 more posts from being smarter than you.

  8. #8

    Default

    You're all herd mentality thinking so I didn't think I needed to be surgical, all the piling on everytime a news article comes out that supports your agenda and everyone patting each other on the back and pointing out how the edumacated media is validating your edumacated thought process.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Hamberders and Covfefe
    Posts
    12,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Of course with you being the outlier the more posts you make almost 12K and counting it's just the exact opposite, the more posts you make the more you confirm my suspicion all along. What was it your now banned GF use to say to make her sound intelligent, oh yeah it was non cigarito which is exactly what you're practicing here. What a LOOSA...
    Spoken like Lil Donald.

    Dogs do look like their owners, I say.

    Love that what you said above has nothing to deal with the issue at hand.

    It's almost like the possum I cornered the other day near my trash who kept on hissing.

  10. #10

    Default

    Yes because you're always on topic nearly 12K posts I'd say you're probably batting .0001% in that category.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •